Where am I?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Tony Richardson, May 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Day All. Just taken the plunge and joined ARRSE. 22 years in REME both as Aircraft Tech and then Avionics Tech. If that wasn't enough, I then joined Rotary Wing Support Group, (Aircraft Branch).
    Seemed to spend all my time either at Hobart Barracks in Detmold, (hello Chels), or at Middle Wallop. Now retired - out of work - out to pasture etc.
    It's like being the new-boy. Anyone out there know me?
    TR.

2. ".....It's like being the new-boy. Anyone out there know me? "

The whole fcuking world does now Tony.
    You see .... theres this thing called PerSec. We deliberately don't get toooooo specific with names and definitely don't then add a specific location and date to it.
    We do stuff like " hi my name is T_ _y R _char_ _n and did 22 in REME..... fixed planes 'n stuff.
    Anybody who DID know you will not think you are a crap,illiterate typist but will figure out the bits missing and understand you are just being careful .
    There actually are loonies, jihadists and other mongs out there in hyperspace who may decide its fun to stalk you and progress from there.
    Welcome to Arrse .

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Oooppss

4. You're that dude from Time Team?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

7. 22 years in & internet persec passed you by in 'all' that time?

I expect this from a sproggy matelot or even crab but REME??

8. Why the surprise?

To be fair, he's no longer serving, and even if he was, as a BAT he's of no real interest to the current range of adversaries. Or even past ones.

9. Oh ffs! Go and put your tinfoil hat back in it's box!...******* loon!

10. Someone in Durkadurkastan could pinch his identity...

11. Poor, sad, lonely sod.

Tony, according to the information you've provided, in answer to your question you're in North Yorkshire.

12. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Well he's safe then. Not even the most committed anything, let alone a Jihadi, is going to bother with a trip to North Yorkshire.

13. Not surprised, and agreed he's no longer serving however does'nt anyone read Forum FAQ's these days in ref to do's & don'ts..

14. So ......Recce19 from the land of bratwurst ......
    Or should I address you as eg. John Smith 38 Ardbegg Str. Koln ?

No ? Thought not.

15. Couldn't care less! I left in '94 and I doubt anyone would be interested in my whereabouts - except the ex and she already knows!

Out of curiosity, how did you find out my details so quick?