When you should NOT, hypenate your Name

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Drone_pilot, Sep 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you get married think first before you hypenate you names.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. :D :D

great stuff, I like it...

3. had me pissing myself ;)

4. Beaver-Wetter.... now thats comedy

5. The suggestion that the woman should be allowed to retain her surname is utterly ridiculous.
    Shocking...

6. here mate tell me about it my missus is going through some sort of burn the bra phase and thinks she should be allowed to have her name fecking double barrelled.

sounds like an early divorce to me :wink:

7. If Mr Double married Miss Barrel....they could have a double barrelled surname.

....Taxi!!!!

8. Is the missus in question already your wife? If so, remind her of the great efforts she will have to go to to change everything back again. And not to expect any help from you.

9. FaF, Drone-pilot :D

If Mr Double got Miss Barrel up the duff before marriage, then Mr 'Daddy' Barrel & Mrs 'Mummy' O'Larfs (maiden name) would turn it into a right Hunting Season shot gun affair! Then you'ld have a right Double-Barrel-O'Larfs

:D :D :D

10. I also know a Mr 'Cooke' who married a Miss 'Cook and she wanted name to be hyphenated - go figure. Would that be a case of 'Too many Cooks, spoil the parntership'?

12. Most certainly looks like it dragknuckle :twisted: and BTW, who said it's wrong??

13. What would occur if Mr A married Miss B who then became MR & Mrs A-B. They then had a child.

On the other side of town Mr C met Miss D - became Mr & Mrs C-D. They also had a child.

20 years pass and young A-B meets young C-D

They marry and become Mr & Mrs A-B-C-D?

Feck off FFS

And that's my taxi outside; I thank you!

14. If the son of Mr and Mrs A-C, married the daughter of Mr and Mrs D-C, would they form an Ausralian heavy rock group!!!

I think thats enough now...I'm off to the pub.

15. Quality!