when you pass out as a guardsman

all depends on the regiment you join.
the welsh and the irish dont have incremental companys so if you joined them no you wouldnt take part in ceremonial dutys for a while
the grens, coldstream an scots all have to do 6 months minimum before joining their battallions.

however there are rumours going round my battallion that the irish are making an incremental company

anyways guards easy, 2 hours work, 22 hours sleep an free scoff, gotta love it ;)

there are far too many people joining the guards that don't have a clue what it involves. There was this kid at my recruiting office going to selection that didn't even know the guards did ceremonial duties. Bloody moron.
Fcuk wearing all that gear though. I'd rather not look like a retard, lmao.

Le_Cunningham said:
there are far too many people joining the guards that don't have a clue what it involves. There was this kid at my recruiting office going to selection that didn't even know the guards did ceremonial duties. Bloody moron.
Fcuk wearing all that gear though. I'd rather not look like a retard, lmao.
It's not just stuck to the guards.
Far too many mongs join with a vision of rainbows, butterflies, shits and giggles, and fall to pieces upon realising the realities.
I've meet some tossers who've cracked on in joining the infantry and had a cry and a pissy fit when they realise their primary purpose is to engage the enemy ie shoot the bastards. The mind boggles 8O

im not really expecting it to be all like rainbows and butterfly's, i know the realities of things and know what to expect when i go in for basic. im just goin to keep my head down and listen haha

cferguson said:
yehh haha, my dad was in the paras and when i told him i was joining the guards he said f*ck that having to clean all there uniforms haha!
Oh the shame of it,I hope your Dad had the decency to kick the living sh1t out of you,then disown you he'll never live it down :D :D

if your meaning by that my dad was disappointed by me joining the guards he wasn't he thinks all the soldiers are doing a great job no matter what regiment or corps. And my first choice was paras but the intakes where full so im thinking of join the guards parachute platoon after i pass out and done some time with the scots guards.

cferguson said:
if your meaning by that my dad was disappointed by me joining the guards he wasn't he thinks all the soldiers are doing a great job no matter what regiment or corps. And my first choice was paras but the intakes where full so im thinking of join the guards parachute platoon after i pass out and done some time with the scots guards.
Balls, he's secretely ashamed somewhere in there :D

cferguson said:
I hope I dont know your dad :D

Good luck mate :)