When you leave what are you supposed to do with your medals

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by smithy749, Dec 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What the hell do you do with them when you havent got a uniform to put them on!! Any one got any ideas. "Give them to your grand kids", great what about the next 30 years. I sometimes wear my minatures on my PJ's but they can get uncomfortable when sleeping on your front. The missus likes them when shes getting a bit.

2. Flog them on eBay? :lol:

3. Frame them.

4. Wear them at least once a year on Remembrance Sunday. I went to my local church and had them in my pocket as I thought I'd look a total tosser wear medals in civis and wanted to check out the form. When I got there about half a dozen older blokes were wearing theirs. So on mine went, not nearly as many they had but I was the youngest medal wearer by about 40 years!

5. Could I suggest a rolled up sleep mat for a bog brush holder and womens dresses instead of DPM for the curtains? :)

6. Shove 'em...in a cupboard...Thats where mine have been for the last 10 years.

7. First you need all your medals, ie medal office still owes me 2, but plan to frame them the hang them in the loo, with all me other squad photos etc although I do like the ebay idea.

Whats the going rate for a reasonable sized group.

8. TG

You visited my crapper then??? :wink: :wink:

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you earned them - be proud and frame them. If they came up with the rations (like my 1 x 1" of 'glory' w/c Northern Ireland) then bung them (it) in a drawer.

Yours aye

A_Y

10. Mine will be going into the frame with all the other Phantom Family Medals.
    I'm going to need one huge frame though as the Phantoms who have passed before me earned lots of medals, compared to me.

(once my last one is issued and isn't being stored in the HQ safe, where its been for the past 6 months)

11. Mine are proudly framed on a wall in my living room. My wife did it as a suprise pressy.

12. The "I love me!" wall phenomenon!

13. corps pissed , i like to leave copys of the globe and bustard at work in the heads for all the ex pongos to read in awe, as of yet none have been used for arse wipe , im standing by.. why dont you get special printed arse wipe in the guise of a stable belt with the colours of the most bone unit you have worked with ..

14. Someone knows exactly what to do with their medals. RAMC I believe, & has put there on ebay

Anyone know the name