when will the londons get all the same headress?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SONOFHOMER, Jan 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know this might have already been said but to help the londons integrate better wouldnt it be good for them to have the same headress as there reg counterparts?

i know there is a lot of history there but this can still be maintained in n.o1 and 2's dress meant for cs95 dress etc.

any views???

2. Has the London Regiment, in any of its historical guises, ever had just one cap badge / headdress?

3. There was a proposal in (ISTR) 1993 when 8 QF absorbed the LS and LIR to adopt a single capbadge (the Porculis?), with the Coys retaining headdress (ToS for LS, Caubeen for LIR, All Arms Blue for RRF and Infantry Khaki for PWRR). They might have even gotten as far as making and issuing some.

4. The Londons do have a crest - maybe that could be their new cap badge?

Attached Files:

5. That's the Porculis I mentioned above aye. I thought this was meant to be their capbadge, but it fell through along the line.

6. Don’t want to sound to picky but I didn’t think that the Portcullis (From the old 16th London’s Queen’s Westminster Rifles) Crest came about till we had our first RGJ CO along with the TRF we wore in Iraq, Prior to this the Regimental crest was the Four Tooth picks (Swords) of the apocalypse that are on the centre of the colours.

7. hq coy has already got there gaurds headress so it only time for the rest to jump in line and a cap badge will folllow soon.

8. Are you sure they dp?

Some may have the Beret, but what cap-badge (star?) would they where? Would the LIR get the Irish Gds?

I think some attached arms get the Gds beret with a REME badge etc.

IMO I think they should keep their Berets/ TOS/ Sleeping bags

T C

9. Are you sure they dp?

Some may have the Beret, but what cap-badge (star?) would they where? Would the LIR get the Irish Gds?

I think some attached arms get the Gds beret with a REME badge etc.

IMO I think they should keep their Berets/ TOS/ Sleeping bags

T C