When will racist Europeans elect a minority to lead them?

I say as I look down from moral high ground I've not stood on in years.

:p

BiscuitsAB said:
Virgil said:
I say as I look down from moral high ground I've not stood on in years.

:p
When the Sexist Yanks vote in a splitarse :)
:?

"America and England are two nations divided by a common language."
- Oscar Wilde or George Bernard Shaw

EDIT: OK, got it. Took a few minutes.

We've still got 99 days to rip the p*ss Virgil :D

Disraeli. Jew. 18something-or-other. Beat you by a century or so. Beat you by a hundred years - was there anything else you dirty colonial? :wink:

MotorMan said:
Disraeli. Jew. 18something-or-other. Beat you by a century or so. Beat you by a hundred years - was there anything else you dirty colonial? :wink:
A Jew? Borderline...maybe...

White male though ethnic...I think...don't know getting dizzy from the thin air...been awhile...

Didn't we have asian MP over 100 years ago? Not too long after the yanks had to have an internal war to stop slavery?

Virgil: go back onto a Euro-weenie forum if you wanna impress someone, little brother! :wink:

MotorMan said:
Well over a century ago. Erm but not sure if a practising member of the Church of England can be described as Jewish based on his birth and ancestry. Note: Occasionally us dirty colonials read books when there is nothing better to do.

Well, Hitler would have considered him Jewish, mate.

And (see above) we had a split arres b4 you so ner ner ner!

:)

Dadabhai Naoroji was Britains first asian MP in 1892 when he became the Liberal MP for Finsbury Central.

Mancherjee Bhownagree became Conservative MP for Bethnal Green in 1895

Why should skin colour come into it?
Should be best Man or woman for the job regardless of race.

How many people in the US voted for Obama simply because of his skin colour? Many probably have no idea about his policies.
Now if you voted for Obama just because he is 1/2 black you therefor voted against McCain because he is white, now that is racism in my book (or does it only work the other way round?)

we currently elect minorities, but not racial - people whose school fees as children were more than most people in the UK earn - Blair(Fettes?) and the current leader of the opposition (Cameron) who went to Eton.

Not forgetting our nation's foray into batty boy territory, electing Mr Heath as Prime Minister back in the seventies. I bet his yacht flew a rainbow ensign...

So until you get a jewish-descended homosexual woman elected as POTUS, you'll just have to step away from the vanguard of societal innovation.

Themanwho said:
Not forgetting our nation's foray into batty boy territory, electing Mr Heath as Prime Minister back in the seventies. I bet his yacht flew a rainbow ensign...

So until you get a jewish-descended homosexual woman elected as POTUS, you'll just have to step away from the vanguard of societal innovation.
Well you obviously know nothing about the Oppression Matrix Scorecard.

One black male (remember full or half he is considered black) trumps a Jewish lesbian.

Now a black Jewish lesbian--well you give 'em a permanent handicap (break a knee cap or snap a spine) put them in a wheelchair--and you have reached near the top of the 'elect the oppressed and be morally superior' mountains.

A Stephen Hawkings type-diseased, electric wheelchair bound, talking-through-an-electric-box black lesbian Jew...dear God that's just crazy talk. Perhaps legend, perhaps the stuff of myth.

It would be the Holy Grail of using an 'elected oppressed' as a badge of moral triumph. National virtuosity and righteousness taken to unimaginable levels.

You could, if you had one as PM, take the Mount Everest of moral high ground on the world.

Of course you'll need oxygen and some don't make it back down alive.

[PS; Retardation doesn't figure in on the Oppression Matrix Scorecard. Far too common a malady among the elected.]

Sven said:
Dadabhai Naoroji was Britains first asian MP in 1892 when he became the Liberal MP for Finsbury Central.

See Virgil? Asian and intelectually challenged (on account of being Liberal)! We are far more embracing than you colonial types.

BPS666 said:
Sven said:

See Virgil? Asian and intelectually challenged (on account of being Liberal)! We are far more embracing than you colonial types.
C'mon MPs don't count. I mean the national leader or in your case a monarch. (I'd pay to see that!)

The US had black state governors, senators and congressmen during the Reconstruction Era (immediate post Civil War decade).

We don't elect our Monarch Virgil.
As for a minority Priminister, why on earth would we elect one? The USA has a different balance of races than Britain does. Obama got a significant portion of votes simply because he is black, the percentage of ethnic minorities in Britain is much smaller therefor there is less chance of a minorty PM getting votes purely on skin colour.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Surely as there are only five million of us Scots or so out of sixty odd million, Cyclops counts as a minority?

Not that I'm particularly proud of that right enough.