When will my pension come in to payment?

I retired with an AFPS75 Immediate Pension in payment.
I re-joined after a spell in Civ Div and am now on AFPS15. My pension is abated.
My new service takes me to age 57. My question is if I serve to the end of my current commission (2032) when will the AFPS15 pension be payable? Immediately, age 60 or later?

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
I am a member but it takes weeks to get a response!
There was a period when there was a delay in response but that is right back under control now. Back to your original question.

When you leave again your AFPS 75 pension will be restored to it's pre-abatement level. You say you will be 57 when you leave. That means that you will have paid for any Resettlement Commutation (RC), so, if you took RC you will have paid for it and your AFPS 75 pension will reflect that. You will also be receiving the pension increases that have occurred since your original retirement from the Armed Forces.

if you leave before age 60, your AFPS 15 pension is deferred until you reach you State Pension Age.....however you are allowed to claim it as early as age 55 at a reduced rate. This is called actuarial reduction. I attach the AFPS 15 booklet and suggest that you put further questions to our Pensions Team. They will give you the personal touch that you cannot get on a blog.

Attachments

• AFPS15 Your Pension Scheme Explained.pdf
    673.9 KB · Views: 35
There was a period when there was a delay in response but that is right back under control now. Back to your original question.

When you leave again your AFPS 75 pension will be restored to it's pre-abatement level. You say you will be 57 when you leave. That means that you will have paid for any Resettlement Commutation (RC), so, if you took RC you will have paid for it and your AFPS 75 pension will reflect that. You will also be receiving the pension increases that have occurred since your original retirement from the Armed Forces.

if you leave before age 60, your AFPS 15 pension is deferred until you reach you State Pension Age.....however you are allowed to claim it as early as age 55 at a reduced rate. This is called actuarial reduction. I attach the AFPS 15 booklet and suggest that you put further questions to our Pensions Team. They will give you the personal touch that you cannot get on a blog.

Thank you so much for your response.