When will JHQ Rheindahlen close?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Outstanding, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any ideas?

2. Why, what have you heard?

3. Mostly rumblings hence my thread. Wondering if anyone has any firm info.

4. JHQ is likely to close once the Civil Service Quango falls into the pit and not before.

5. Not before 2015 then?

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Are you a Journo OS ? Minty McGinty is..... and came clean from first contact....think how much BETTER you'll feel.....

Planning timeline for everything in BF(G) is a fifteen year rolling horizon......if you've been told Rheindahlen will close in 2015 it will come as some surprise to the German Federal Government....

( in my view ONLY, it would come as a considerable surprise to my grandfather to learn that 61 years after Hitler blew his lid off, British soldiers were STILL standing the Watch on the Rhine....)

7. Since JHQ is home of UKSC(G) it will by definition be one of the last to close. And goatman is nearly right, some Garrisons are on a 15year rolling horizon but Paderborn is on a 25 year one and JHQ will have to be too. So to answer the question, not before 2031.

8. Not a jerno mate - been serving 33+ years. Planning time for Osnabruk is NOT 15 years - Planning for Hohn /FingB is longer than 15 years - nuff sed!

9. Sorry maj B you are incorrect Sir.

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hang on....you were asking about Rheindahlen...wtf has Osnatraz to do with it ?....My info may indeed be out of date - I left Army Estates Organisation in 2003 to go and play in the Sand....but AFAIK the 15 yr thing is still extant......this is of course ignoring the impact of BRAC....but then I'm sure OS, you'll be more aware of the likely implications than I.....

11. Oznatraz will close by 09!

12. Word on the street is that ARRC will "eventually" move to UK. Once that's gone you'll have UKSC(G), a 2 star HQ to support all of ..er...7 and 20 Armd Bdes.

However nothing happens that quickly in BFG, especially where elventy-twelvty thousand fat useless civil servants are concerned.

13. Believe planning date may be 08 for ARRC

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

or the legions of "knock off at 12 'cos it's a friday" - " Wednesday afternoon - can't mate....sports day"ex Military with fat fraus they were obliged to marry who are now employed to do what they should have been doing when they were serving ? Ram it Crab.....

15. GM - you've been there haven't you!