When will cuts be implemented

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by bigpod, Oct 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are cuts likely to be immediate, new financial year, phased over a period or what.
  2. Wait till i get my crystall ball out when i get back from work.
  3. i foresee a grim week, starting tuesday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  4. hmmm I heard all ATR intakes were being cancelled, as we are at strength, saves the cost of paying for recruits and training when we already have trained personnel
  5. There are no cuts. FACT
  6. Any cuts are likely to be implemented sometime after they have been announced
  7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The cuts are rumoured to be 25% over 4 years, so that's about 6% a year. From all the waste in the public sector, those cuts could be relatively painless. (Just look at the savings Philip Green identified).

There will often be no savings (or even a slight extra spend) in the first year. This is because of redundancy payments, costs of existing contracts, etc.

When will they start? Depends on the complexity of each cut. If its easy to cut, bet on the cuts coming quickly. If its more difficult (or politically damaging) the cuts will come slowly (or not at all).

8. Below is the initial timetable as taken from the MOD Army website. I believe it will take some time, however, for all the consequences to emerge in detail:

9. Well that doesn't seem to be happening at ATC P, intakes still going through, less than before, but still going on.
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Same at ITC (c) no change whatsoever.
  11. He may be getting confused with the RN that is actualy pausing all phase one intakes later this month.