Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When we were soldiers

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Flippin' 'eck! I may not even post again about my wanky weak 5km runs. I now have an inferiority complex, even though I get paid loads, have a much bigger than average cock and am generally excellent.

Motivation? Naah!

gbs, the thing is, the likes of Banzai and Fair Maid have no bloody business on this thread. They're fit whippety racing snakes already. This is for the slightly lazy and chubby who want to increase their activitiy. So fcuk em. :D

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Some frankly great efforts there. It's like PT all over again.

Those of you cruising at the front, don't think we can't see you taking it easy. Push harder. :mrgreen:

Those of you in the middle working to stay there, well done, try and get up to the front if you can.

Those of you in the rear and gritting your teeth, outstanding effort and that's where the sheer courage and determination is seen.

The jack wagon is on station, but I don't expect anyone to be getting in on week two!

Seriously though, well impressed.

START YOUR WEEK TWO ENTRIES IN THE WEEK TWO THREAD - THIS ONE WILL BE LOCKED TOMORROW.

gbs, the thing is, the likes of Banzai and Fair Maid have no bloody business on this thread. They're fit whippety racing snakes already. This is for the slightly lazy and chubby who want to increase their activitiy. So fcuk em. :D

The runner's from the club who did this marathon ranged from a sub 3 hour runner (very fast) to a couple of Aussie lasses who 'ran' it in 5 hrs 35 mins, wearing beer cans:

2.png

The one of the left is a bit of a chubb and is notorious for not training, but still attempting races.

My point is, not everyone - including myself - who runs marathons are racing snakes. I saw runners with disabilities (I didn't ask them what they were), but their gait told me that they had some impairment (like early onset MS).

The slightly lazy and chubby (as you put it) are more than capable of running a marathon. Just don't expect a sub 3 hr time.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
For various reasons ("excuses" if you like) I haven't really entered into the spirit of this thing. However, I've done some fairly fast Nordic walking three times this week, and tonight I actually feel quite tired and achy, so I guess that means I've made some effort.

Also eating less, in the hope of getting down to my target of 70kg by next week. Even a little bit of weight loss would spur me to keep going.

For various reasons ("excuses" if you like) I haven't really entered into the spirit of this thing. However, I've done some fairly fast Nordic walking three times this week, and tonight I actually feel quite tired and achy, so I guess that means I've made some effort.

Also eating less, in the hope of getting down to my target of 70kg by next week. Even a little bit of weight loss would spur me to keep going.

I've been skiving too, with loads of good excuses.

Need to get back to it, as my wieght loss has gone from 2lb a week to ½lb.
I'm going to walk round the lake tomorrow & at close on 7 miles, it'll be the furthest I've gone since my last deer stalk back in 2010...

I heard skipping was good for preventing achilies problems and makes them bullet proof for running (as long as you don't overdo it till you're conditioned), so I've started skipping for 10 minutes prior to weight training, as a warm up.

I can skip pretty well (learnt from boxing training), but Wor Lass is a complete flyd when she tried to do it.

Hard work though; I consider myself pretty fit, but 10 minute of it broke me out into a sweat.

Latest Threads