Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When we were soldiers

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fuckity ****. I think I'm about to drop the ball here. Just drove a combined six odd hours to Aviemore and back. Granted, I was doing the garden before the next guests came in, but I rewarded myself with a black pudding supper from the chippy.

Too shattered to go out, going to do the plank for as long as I can. Core muscle work. Plus lying down, sorta. Bollocks.

One leg is always slightly more flexible

Google pigeon pose yoga. There are a number of variations, but all work to strengthen, stretch and mobilise the hip joint, hip flexors and connective tissue.
I tried pigeon pose but was too locked up so hovered about 6 inches off the floor. It will come with time.

Do you have any more info about these hip stretches? I find I can stretch one leg much better than the other and it seems to to stem from a slightly different amount of range in one hip over the other. Not much, but noticeable when stretching on cool down.
One knee on floor directly under hip. Front leg supported on foot and lean forward as far as you can. You should feel stretch in groin and front of hip.

Hope that makes sense ?

slowing down in my 50's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180427-224850.png
    Screenshot_20180427-224850.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 21

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Is a Monday weigh in a decent weekly interval.

I was thinking the same.

That'll give me two days to starve, purge and vomit before the weigh in. :D

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Not much activity this week, but been eating mainly veggie stuff and farting like a badly tuned Norton.

Got the other half one of those inflatable "fit balls" for Christmas; it's not seen the light of day this year, so I'm hoping to get some instruction on it at the weekend.

D

Deleted 145301

That works better but I found problem was front of hip possibly due to sitting at desk, car and shit couch.
Lunges tend to open the hip flexors of the lower leg.

I'd recommend a yoga class or two to stretch the tightness out.

Date 27 Apr 18
Activity brisk 30 min walk then 1hr yoga for hips and psoas this evening
Duration see above
How did you feel? lost so much flexibility, must do this more regularly

Just out of interest are you in the market for penetration

Bleach Green to Anglers' Crag, over the top & back along the low path.
2.6 miles with a 450' ascent/descent.
50 minutes including a 5 minute rest on top of the crag to admire the view.
Got the lungs working a bit but didn't feel short of breath.
Pulse 113 a minute after I arrived back at the truck & down to 78 5 minutes later.
Not too shabby for an 18st+(previously 20st+), 60 year old fatty. :mrgreen:

23 Apr 18
8 km
Walking the dog
50 mins

Just restarted exercise post operation on my left hand, normally swim 3 times a week but can not due to still open wound.

24 Apr 18
8 km
Walking the dog, different route so as not to get bored
47 mins but who is counting.

26 Apr 18
Clearing brambles with a mattock
1.5 hrs
Knackered difficult to use mattock with only 1 and a half hands.

29 Apr 19
9 km including 300 ft of ascent.
Dog walking,
50 mins

also

1600m
Swimming
30mins
Moderately fatigued.
First time in the water for 6 weeks after operation on my hand, times 10 seconds off over 400m no adverse reaction in hand overall v pleased.

Quoted just to move posts to top of thread.

Newport marathon; 3 hrs 54 secs. I was doing great till the 21 mile mark, then stuff started hurting, and I changed my mind about trying to get a fast time.

I'm feeling smashed now, like I don't know what to do with meself.

Date 28 Apr 18
Activity 16km slow run
Duration 1h47m
How did you feel? stiff until 11km, right leg playing up, from 11km to end felt great, had to have a nap in afternoon

Date 29 Apr 18
Activity yoga (hips, psoas, achilles), foam rolling
Duration 1h
How did you feel? left hamstring very tight (it cramped badly previous evening)

Newport marathon; 3 hrs 54 secs. I was doing great till the 21 mile mark, then stuff started hurting, and I changed my mind about trying to get a fast time.

Flippin' 'eck! I may not even post again about my wanky weak 5km runs. I now have an inferiority complex, even though I get paid loads, have a much bigger than average cock and am generally excellent.

Motivation? Naah!

28/04/18
No treadmill today
surprise guests staying for the evening
will build myself up with steak and alcohol
Still feel a wee bit sore but in a good way

29/04/18

Back on the run ing machine
34mins gradient 2
Tired , stopping for a day isnt a good idea

290418.jpg

Flippin' 'eck! I may not even post again about my wanky weak 5km runs. I now have an inferiority complex, even though I get paid loads, have a much bigger than average cock and am generally excellent.

Motivation? Naah!

When I started running I couldn't even get to the end of my street and I would only run at night so nobody would see me. Anything is better than nothing.

Flipping heck you're a fast one. Well done!

Latest Threads