When was the last time we won one?

I've put this in here because, frankly, it was the old and bold that won the last one.

Was it Gulf war 1 or did the need for a re-match nulify this one?, Yugoslavia? (and what ever they called themselves). The cold war, falklands, Northern Ireland?

It seems the current crop of young thrusters dont do winning, not their fault I suspect but, when was the last shindig we can say, "Yep, won that one."?

The Battle Of Jubilee.

No doubt about who won in the Falklands.
Gulf 1 had too many players to claim a British victory.
The need for Gulf 2 questions the final result of Gulf 1.
Bosnia was rearly only a score draw. More of a damage limitation than a proper war.
Kosovo was much the same as Bosnia.
Gulf 2, We won the war and lost the peace.
Afghanistan, I am not sure where the goalposts are anymore so I couldn't say if we are scoring, let alone winning.

For my ten pence worth the Falklands was the last clear cut win.
(Back when we had THAT Rifle.)

I remember being part of 4 ASRM and pulling into Sevastapol Harbour on HMS Fearless in the early 90's. There was row upon row of clapped out, rusting Russian frigates and Submarines, I image the story was the same with some of their Armoured divisions. We basically out muscled them financially, they couldn't afford to front up and wave the big red willy anymore. A collective win I think, I'm sure if anyone delved into the submariners record of the cold war (when it gets de-classified) that'll show a win as well.

I've put this in here because, frankly, it was the old and bold that won the last one.

Was it Gulf war 1 or did the need for a re-match nulify this one?, Yugoslavia? (and what ever they called themselves). The cold war, falklands, Northern Ireland?

It seems the current crop of young thrusters dont do winning, not their fault I suspect but, when was the last shindig we can say, "Yep, won that one."?
UK played a part in the winning team in the Cold War.

Nicely loaded question, the obvious answer has already cropped up. While your at it I've been after someone to pop round and stir the wasps nest in the gardenwith a short stick, only if your not busy of course?

Nicely loaded question, the obvious answer has already cropped up. While your at it I've been after someone to pop round and stir the wasps nest in the gardenwith a short stick, only if your not busy of course?
Dont do short (bang) Sticks in this forum Tens, only big 7.62 (bang) sticks :)

took me a while to find it but this is sort of what you're looking for, i've highlighted my favourite bit

A WEE MESSAGE TO THE 'VETERENS' THAT HAV BEEN REFERING TO THE MODERN INFANTRY AS A SHOWER OF SHITE AND FEEL WE DONT OWN THE RYTS TO A JUBILEE MEDAL, US YOUNG JOCKS HAV SEEN MORE WAR IN A WEEK THAN SUM OF U cnuts SEEN IN 30 YEARS! WE TRAIN FOR WAR NOT DRILL, WE NEVER JOINED THE ARMY TO BE FEEDED AND NOT NEEDED, JUST U WIND UR COFFIN DODGN NECKS IN AND PAY THE SAME RESPECTS FOR US AS WE DO FOR YOU YOU FUCKIN cnuts!!!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
We seem to be good at winning the war and pretty crap at winning the peace afterwards.

In both Iraq and Afghanistan there was a narrow window of opportunity to begin civil reconstruction and earn the goodwill of the population. Had there been a really effective plan to do this starting day one after the end of military options, there would have been a very good chance of getting a majority of the population on-side: which would have been a huge help in stamping out any insurgencies. Instead there seems to be an absence of plan; what there was ending up being implemented late, too slow and in a culturally crass manner.

A huge lost opportunity now being paid for in blood.

Wordsmith

Dont do short (bang) Sticks in this forum Tens, only big 7.62 (bang) sticks :)
Ah I'm under qualified with the long one, I only had it as a personal wpn for 30 weeks. This thought is now making me wonder if I should even be posting in old & bold.

I shall go and brush up on my txt speak and be back, u bstds.