When was the last time the military sorted THIS country out

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by dorkblatt, Nov 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just interested - when was the last time BRITAIN was sorted with a military mind?
  2. What are you dribbling about you muppet.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lord Protector Cromwell kinda ruled the roost
    • Like Like x 1

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

5. When was the last time we had a coup thread on ARRSE? Must be a while.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 1642 I believe
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Er is that hrs or AD?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well we were living in centrally heated houses, taking baths, shitting down sewers and driving on decent roads until the picts spoiled it.

I don't think britain has ever been out from under a political self interested interface, even when fighing the armada, bonaparte, the kaiser and hitler and the ussr we were allways shackled by corruption and political self interest.
  9. You could say it was when Wellington was PM but I think he was not good at it. Then again most of the inter war MPs had served and most of the post WW2 would also have served particularly as we had national service till 64. Churchill had a service record also.

Your point is?
  10. Aahh, you've missed your medication again, haven't you? Either that or you've been self-medicating wi the buckie!!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 1642 AD the start of the English Civil War, it was in three parts lasted until 1651 which resulted in a Republican Government that was dissolved in1660 with a military coup by General Monck using his own Regiment which became the predecessor of the Coldstream Guards.
  12. Just a conspiracy theory that I have and by the way its windolene ive been drinking - with toilet duck mouthwash chaser blurts
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I love conspiracy theories!

C'mon you filthy slut, you've got my outrage glands all juiced up now!

Let's hear your theory!
  14. Did the Army not sort out the highlands from April 1746 onwards.....
  15. Put down the bottle. Step away from the keyboard.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1