When to Visit Armed Forces Careers Office?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Paullee17, Mar 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am 15 at the moment and will be 16 in november and hoping to join the army next year when i leave school around june and i was wondering when would be the best time to visit my local armed forces careers office?
    Thankyou in advance
  2. Go in now and get the ball rolling, no reason not to.
  3. Tomorrow?
  4. Go in as soon as you can, why not?
    The least it will do is give you some further infomation, no bad can come of it.
  5. If the Careers office is also a TA building should i make an appointment or do i just get buzzed in? to be honest my nearest one when i went past it last sunday didn't look the most inviting.
  6. As far as I know all careers offices have a 'walk in' system but perhaps someone on here can confirm.
    Visit the army site to track your nearest office.
  7. i believe if you go between 10 and 12 on a weekday you should be fine
  8. Well Crawley is my nearest one, i'll probally just pop in on my day off from work.
  9. You can start the application process at 15years and seven months, and not before!
    If you are going in under 16 I would probably take a parent with you, am sure they will have some questions that need answering
  10. ok so im thinking of going in a couple of weeks when i have 2 weeks off school and i will take parent with me anything i should know about like important things to ask or anything?
  11. Have some idea of what job you want, dress smartly and have a list of anything you want to ask.
    Be polite but relax, speak up and show some self confidence.
    And remember its YOU applying so dont let/make Mum/Dad do all your talking.

Good luck
  12. Ask questions relevent to what you would like to join.Use the Internet first and if you can't find the answers by all means ask at the office.

Also have a look around this site and good luck
  13. will do thanks for the replies everyone
  14. You give a good impression if you know how the application works, and if you have an idea of what you want to do etc.
    Don't stare at the floor, don't put your hands in your pockets and be confident.
    They are there to help you remember.
    When I first went in I brought one of my parents along to show that I had thought about it already and was serious.
    If you're 16 in November then you can apply in a few months but that's no reason not to go now and just pick up some info.
  15. The reason you cannot formally apply before 15 yrs and 7 months is because of the data protection act, we cannot put you on our system until such time as we are able to process you as an applicant, similarly you are not allowed to attend for ADSC selection until you are 15 yrs and 10 months old.

But as has been said before, you can come in when you want and get all the information you need and then arrange with a recruiter to come back and apply officially when you are old enough :)