When to apply for pension?

I came out of the regs after 7.5 years in October 1986, although my pension is going to be small I understand that I must put a claim in. I heard that I must do it before my 55 th birthday can anyone help as I do not want to give the mod an excuse not to get off their arrses and do some work and secondly I have been on ops in Iraq and Afghan so I had used this to also put extra into the final settlement. To date I have heard nothing from pensions office. Anyone help?

I came out of the regs after 7.5 years in October 1986, although my pension is going to be small I understand that I must put a claim in. I heard that I must do it before my 55 th birthday can anyone help as I do not want to give the mod an excuse not to get off their arrses and do some work and secondly I have been on ops in Iraq and Afghan so I had used this to also put extra into the final settlement. To date I have heard nothing from pensions office. Anyone help?
I did six years and the pension claim instruction I was given on discharge mentioned that I should send the enclosed form back within 6 months of my 60th birthday to ensure I got whatever is due to me at that time

Did you not get any such document?

E

EScotia

Fiona is correct. Follow the link below to SPVA forms, the one you will require is form 8. You can also request a pension estimate by writing to SPVA, Pensions Div, Kentigern House, Glasgow.

Page not found