When The Wind Blows

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Soldier_Why, May 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Discovered a forgotten copy of this video in my attic earlier today. Watched it again whilst the missus and kids were out shopping.

Still gets me how funny and poignant it is, especially since the book was written by Raymond Briggs - not normally noted for grown up writing. Watching the two main characters slowly dying of radiation poisoning whilst blaming all of their symptoms on their advanced age and continually trying to keep up the 'Dunkirk Spirit' struck me as really tragic as well as being rather satirical of the English middle-aged, middle-class.

Well worth a look if only to hear the old boy constantly refer to the Government issued pamphlets on surviving the nuclear holocaust.

Anyway I stuck it up for sale on E-bay if anyone's interested.

2. Right, you can thank me for getting the bid to 2.20 in the early stages!!! Didnt want it badly enough tho. Shameless plug for your auction btw :wink:
  3. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Thanks mate. :D

Can't believe you wussed out at £2.20 though - tight arrse! :D :wink:

Perhaps. I'd rather it went to someone who would appreciate it though, hence the 'blatant advertising' on here.