When the boat comes in...

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by sfub, Jan 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fantastic; a series from my youth is currently being repeated on "Yesterday" at 4.00pm

James Bolam looking VERY young as Jack Ford.

2. "Just back from Murmansk, fighting our comrades"

3. With a DCM too!

4. Oh and incidentally people writing military series these days took take a few tips from WTBCI - accurate down to the contempt the lads from the service battalions returning had for the guys in the (IIRC) "9th Battalion".

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Heh. Mine too. I have lost count of the number of rucks that kicked off with some twunt saying "Say 'when the boat comes in'..."

*Crack*

Say 'Auf Weidersein Pet'?

"Oh look, you have dropped your wallet"

*Crack*

Its not easy being Welsh.

6. Well, I'm doubly pleased... The Clangers website has just brought back many happy memories. Chuckling away at the Britishness of it all....

7. I,m enjoying the series! reminds me of the days when people stayed in their own areas and the accents were wide and varied....I mean that in a nice way.

have a little fishee tra la la laa

8. TheIronDuke

Arrgh, The Clangers! Best thing on the planet apart from that episode in the toilet with Kim Bassinger at JFK all those years ago.

All right. Why do the Clangers talk in that weird squeaky noise? Eh? Cos I know the answer. Go on. Ask. You know you want to. Ah, go on, go on....

ask.

9. ok........ why?

10. TheIronDuke

Glad you asked. Its becuse The Clangers live on the moon. And the moon has no atmosphere so they cant talk like we do.

So they communicate using MAGNETIC RESONANCE.

Hence the weird squeaky noise.

Thats gospel. Ask a REME or a baldy from GCHQ.

11. Explain the Soup Dragon. Please...

12. Cool, if I croak tonight, I die a better informed person!!!

13. Feck James Bolam, look at Susan Jameson (works together with Bolam in New Tricks nowadays) - she wasn't half bad.

14. TheIronDuke

Oh please. Even among us nuclear rocket scientists, some things remain an eternal mystery. Have you no poetry in your soul?

Explain the Soup Dragon indeed. Pshaw.

15. Work together? They've been a real life couple for years! Got a daughter iirc.