When should I move up a pay level?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ticktickboom, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. I have been in Battalion (infantry) for 8 months now.3 of that was in Afghan yet I am still level 1 pay.Could anybody please help me as my clerk is a mong and doesnt know!!

Many thanks.

2. 365 days after going onto level 1, ya mong

3. thats fair enough.i had heard a rumour that if u deploy to afghan as level 1 then u pick up level 2 on return and wanted to check.
    Cheers

4. Ah the duty rumour mill of being in a battalion. Your increments are YEARLY not a reward for going to Afghan or any other tour for that matter... if that was the case half the Armed Forces would be on Footballers wages by now.

5. So you up rank every year?

6. No

Id have looked good as a General if it was true :)

7. No you go up an increment (pay level) each year. You can find out when by looking for the "IBD Date" on your pay statement. This date will be when you came off the new entrant rate and onto level 1, i.e after you have been in for 6 months. This is unconnected to any annual payrise you get on 01 April each year.

The pay rates can be seen here.

8. Its at 6 month point from date of starting training.

9. what is?

10. Ah, I wasn't sure if it was still set in stone as 6 months or if it had been altered.

When you change from the new entrant rate to level 1.

11. Im not sure if it was ever the case of if you were still in basic training you wouldnt get it? Though im pretty sure some people in the biff Coy were on Pte level 1 pay as they had been there a while.