• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

When should i have had a pay increase

So hopefully an easy question and the details as follows:

Seniority date: Oct 14
Substansive date: 4 Jan 16 (Broken leg prevented me doing promotion courses any sooner)

Now i thought i should have moved up an increment from 2 to 3 in Jan 17, as i promoted prior to the 2 year stand still cam into effect (Thinking that it came into effect Apr 16), but was told No at the time.

Well its now been 2 years and i still didn't get a pay rise in Jan 18. I have taken it up with the clerks but i'd expect to get a reliable and quicker answer here.

So should i have had a pay rise in Jan 17 and Jan 18 therefore being on level 4 and due a chunk of back pay?

Or should it have been Jan 18 and moving onto level 3 and due a small chunk of back pay?

TIA

Substansive date: 4 Jan 16 (Broken leg prevented me doing promotion courses any sooner)

Now i thought i should have moved up an increment from 2 to 3 in Jan 17, as i promoted prior to the 2 year stand still cam into effect (Thinking that it came into effect Apr 16), but was told No at the time.

Well its now been 2 years and i still didn't get a pay rise in Jan 18. I have taken it up with the clerks but i'd expect to get a reliable and quicker answer here.

So should i have had a pay rise in Jan 17 and Jan 18 therefore being on level 4 and due a chunk of back pay?

Or should it have been Jan 18 and moving onto level 3 and due a small chunk of back pay?

TIA
Sorry....but I need to be a pedant at this point.....the word is "substantive"......try looking it up.

I'll leave the rest of your issue to others that know much more that I.

TIA
Sorry, but this all depends on your personal circumstances. The level you entered Pay 16 depends on the rate of pay (not the level) that you were in receipt of on transition. You will probably find that your IBD was adjusted at the same time. This should all have been explained in the mandatory Pay 16 brief that ALL service personnel were required to attend.

By the way, your increment date is not based either on Seniority date or Substantive date, but on your IBD (it's on your pay statement under payroll information).

Cheers the IBD is the 4th Jan same as the substantive.

I was a maxed out LCpl on high pay band on £29,947, so on the 4th of Jan moved to L3 of 7 and £31,414 on the old pay scale.

Latest Threads