When seconds count the Police are minutes away.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_STAB, Jul 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

If you want to go into a bar where people are carrying loaded guns, please emigrate to Tennessee.

msr

2. Imagine the chaos on the streets of Blackpool if we allowed Mrs WeeJock to carry a pistol to the B&B and she had a dingdong with Dougal?

The benefit of such law would, of course, be the halving of the chav poplulation of this country.............

3. so it wasnt a late april fools day then

4. I disagree 100% Ex_Stab.

Will await cases of guns being taken off people and used against them, cases of people taking the law into their own hands, and people getting shot in the cross fire - all with the added mixer of booze. Just because you are licensed to carry a firearm, our justice systems don't give you the right to be judge, jury and executioner based on a perceived threat.

An besides, for every sane and careful civilian firearms user, there are a dozen trigger happy gun tot'in lunatics.

Edited for shocking grammar, and it's still a bit ropey today. 8O

5. Yes, because nothing is as safe as a mixture of firearms and alcohol.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Might make Blackpool worth visiting for the entertainment value, which is not there now.

7. to be fair most concealed carry permit holders stateside seem to be from the deeper end of the gene pool.
    so tend not to start blasting at the first excuse.

its the other you have to watch for :roll:

8. Even worse, imagine the carnage in Liverpool, Manchestor or London if people there had easy access to Gats!

Oh, hang on... 8O :twisted:

9. Practically every shooting club in the Netherlands and Germany has a bar. After shooting, we like to have a few.

Nobody has ever been shot, or even threatened.

Since CCW holders are fully aware that their life will be totally and utterly destroyed if they misuse their privilege, I foresee a grand total of Zero problems.

What we are hearing here is exactly the same crap that was spouted every time a state went shall-issue.

Move along, nothing to see here...

10. msr

msr LE

1) That is not a public bar

2) Guns and alcohol are not being mixed

11. 1) it is still a bar with quite a lot of people in it

2) we have guns... we have ammunition... we have alcohol. How are they not being mixed?

12. Nothing you've said addresses the situation in America where you can buy guns in most departmental stores and you don't even need a permit in many states. Neither Germany nor The Netherlands have a high small arms murder rate, less than England and Wales in fact, the US has a much, much higher rate.
    Brain-dead rednecks are dangerous enough when let loose with guns add alcohol into the mix and we have a recipe for disaster.
    I would never trust a drunken squaddie with a weapon and I am very wary of people like you who appear to be advocating alcohol as the perfect companion to toting a handgun. Still, if you want to step out side and reach for your gun.......

Gun Homicide Rates

13. 1) But it's not open to every random member of the public, thug, drunk, local drug dealer, etc.

2) Like you said, you have a few after shooting. What we have here are people that would like to be in a position to shoot after drinking. Most people's judgement isn't at its highest after pint number 7.

I often take a hip flask with me when on a shoot, however, I will only have tiny swigs from it, certainly not enough to impair my judgement. If I've had a drink, I wouldn't even so much as open the gun safe.
    If you're not fit to drive, you're not fit to be in possession of firearms.

14. Did anybody else get turned on watching her load the revolver or was it just me! :p :wink: