When is pay day?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by territoriallybarmy, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys really quick question, Ive been in a few months and havent been paid yet (nothing new there) when is pay day this week is it today or another day?

thanks a lot
  2. msr

msr LE

Ask your pay staff.

3. nice msr anyone wanna give me an answer?
  4. a week next thursday 2008.
  5. When Glasgow pull their thumb out of their arrse…

You weren’t expecting to be paid within a reasonable amount of time from joining were you? Or even to be paid on the same day each month consistently?

Welcome to the TA :D
  6. That seems fair enough Goku thanks a lot
  7. Pay day is the day that you get your money. it happens when 'they' remember to do it.
  8. The pay run for this week is today. On past form if your pay is processed today, it should be in the Bank Friday morning (maybe Thursday if you are lucky)
  9. i have seen it take up to six months for people to get their first pay.

it took me four and thats apparently a good time for my place. depends on the admin of your company and then glassgow. sorry to say but there is no definate time
  10. Doesn’t really help with retention of recruits does it
  11. Nope. Some of our lads have passed their Phase 1 without seeing pay; needless to say they have no interest in coming in until it's been resolved.
  12. Can't think why....
  13. You get paid in the TA? ******* hell.. They owe me.
  14. Surely they didn't just join for the pay did they?! :money:

Joking aside what annoyed me a bit in the beginning was having to drive a 70 mile round trip at a time in my life when petrol was a bit of a luxury. Took 6 months for travel expenses to come through with my first pay, and was quite a healthy sum by that time.
  15. I got paid today, but it seems to vary from month to month. Never rely on getting TA pay. I like to think of it more as a bonus than as solid income.