When is late just too late?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by barbs, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just read that Gordon Brown has written a condolence letter almost two years after a soldier died: See here for Outrage. Outrage is not required for this thread.

I was always told that letters are like fresh flowers. How late is it possible to delay a letter of, say, thanks?
  2. I would say that it is a tad late.
  3. Without in any way wishing to diminsh the contribution this young man made, the story has far too many gaps;

Was his father named as NOK?
    Has his wife (if he was married) already recieved a letter or his mother (if his parents are divorced0.

It appears the father wrote to complain he hadn't recieved a letter after the Jacqui Janes story became public to be frank since he thinks so little of the present administration (don't we all) - why bother?
  4. I've no time for Broon - and on this one I think he has left himself open as a huge hostage to fortune. 100 dead so far this year - but what happens if Terry gets lucky and downs a Trooper or truck-bombs a FOB ? I seem to remember they dropped Russian trooper outside Kabul in the 80s ?

Is the PM going to write 400 letters ?

This is actually proof that this is being treated as a sideshow, not a real war.
  5. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

It is worth keeping in mind that it is quite possible that Neue Arbeit regard HM armed forces as toys to be played with to their hearts' desire without really worrying what happens to them. After all, Bliar quite happily sent British troops into action more times than any other prime minister since the second world war.

As with any other would-be communist dictatorship, only the system matters, not the people and these poltroons believe they can do and say what they like, when they like.

The real problem is the fact that a general election will either result in the fudging of borders and voting methods providing them with a return to power, or a reversal which will put into power those who only play at being leaders and wish to please everyone at once.