When is it ok for a man to cry?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by postman_twit, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Male tear ducts are a mere rumour and talk like this cost us the Empire!

2. I haven't stopped blubbing since Princess Di's funeral

3. I pretend to weep at chick flicks as part of my foreplay ritual

4. Only when I stub my toe and no-one is looking

5. None of the above. Please expand....

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The question popped into my head the other day when a clear, saline solution seemed to be leaking (yet again) from the corners of my eyes. No names, no pack drills, just a rough few months.

Prior to recently I could count on one hand the number of times this has occured:

1. The first time I held my son.
    2. When the last post played over my mate's coffin.
    3. When I took my dog for the final walk to the vets.

Was trying to work out is there if there is an acceptable norm for a man nowadays?

2. Banging your small toe on a doorframe
  3. When you see how much Tax & PAYE has been deducted.
    Mess Bill
  4. When some fat tart kicked me with unbelievable accuracy, just because I was trying to stick a "Wide load" sticker on the back of her jeans.
  5. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

The death of your dog or, in certain circumstances, when kicked in the nuts playing rugby.
  6. When his garrison is overrun by nignogs and they lower the Union Flag for the last time.

Or when his best mate dies in his arms of something wretched and foreign.

However, he should still be thought of as weak and bullied accordingly. My God, man - remember we're British!
  7. Tears of sadness should only ever be shed at the death of a loved one, whether it's your dad, mum, brother, sister, child, spouse, pet, or a mate.
    In extreme moments of agony like stubbing your toe, or being hit in the goolies.

Tears of happiness can be shed when a financial drain has stopped (i.e. divorce papers come though, or your children leave home).
  8. Had an operation on my Sinus last Tuesday, been weeping ever since
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

When foreskin caught in zip.
  10. Reni_77 covered this subject a couple of months ago.

I think the resultant conclusion was a resounding 'never'.
  11. Wait for it.......
  12. Watching my Grandad die in front of me a few months back got me.

Oh, and seeing as though were in the NAAFI..

One of those child size consitpated shites that rips you open. Women have it easy I tell you.
  13. When your wife aims a well aimed kick at your balls two hours after getting the snip, in hindsight I should have told her I was getting it first .. Any other occasion when a kick in the balls is delivered .. Death of a close family member or mate .. Tears are to be let out only in a silent manly fashion with no blubbing.

Anything else is the first step on the road to metrosexuality in my book.
  14. Castration would surely be an acceptable occasion, on several levels.
  15. Whilst (pissed as a fart) sitting on the thuderbox squeezing out the mother and father of all turds and then realising that you forgot to pull your underkegs down!