When Is It Best To Change Utility Provider?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by regular_imbiber, Mar 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just received my gas and electric bill in and having looked online I can get it quite a bit cheaper if I change provider.

I've got a week to pay this bill so do I go about changing before I've paid the bill or after?

2. Do it straight away your new provider will sort it. Check moneysavingexpert for the deals. You must know how much you use not how much you spend.
  3. Obviously you keep paying bills until the new company takes over.
  4. I changed suppliers this week on the advice of my financial advisor. All I did was phone this company (see link below) spoke with them, no commitment, they did a couple of searches, saved me £276 per year. Bosh. No other phone calls or anything else needed.

energyhelpline.com - Switch and save on gas and electricity bills - impartial and free!

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing whatsoever to do with this company - I just looked on Moneysavingexpert website and they were recommended by Martin Lewis, the money saving guru on there. I'm sure there are plenty of other companies you can choose and feel free to do so! This is just the one I used. I am in no way connected with their business and it's no skin off my nose if you do whatever you want blah blah blah blah!!
  5. Cheers,it looks like I could save about 300 quid.
  6. Excellent - and if you just gave 10% of that saving to Hols4Heroes.... :)