When is a tank not a tank?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lovely piece of shit reporting by The Telegraph there... They've fucked it up in the first paragraph. Half of the article is bleeding repeated halfway down the page as well.

Retards.

2. Whenever the bloody media report something is a tank! Surely someone in journo land knows the difference between a WR and a CR2?!

Nobbers...

3. AFV 434 surely? Wah??

SS

4. Intimidating? camouflaged? It's inanimate ffs, and green. Why are civvies in general and reporters in particular, such complete and utter bellends? If he'd parked a similar sized vehicle there such as a LWB Sprinter or a campervan, it woudn't be a problem.

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Here ya go.

andrew.houghATtelegraph.co.uk

be as outraged as you like ;-) personally I like the bit where he says the "tank" weighs 4 tons.

6. It may only be taking up 3 spaces now, but wait until he does a track bash on it.

7. War veteran David Bedford, 85, added: ''It's heartbreaking living where I do.

'I have to look at his cars every time I leave my house and it's really getting me down.

''I don't know what to do any more.''

End it all, just walk into the light, the pain will be gone.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I found this fascinating until I read "Residents living in the normally tranquil area of Wolvercote, near Oxford, Oxon".

Oxford, Oxon eh? So what we are dealing with here is the SSPS syndrome, or, as you will be aware, Soft Southern Puffs Syndrome. Which is manifest by soft southern puffs dragging their anorexic Mong children, called Charlotte and Torquin out into the streets because a Polak has parked a TankThingyCrane outside the Council house their Dad bought from Maggie Thatcher.

There must be a solution here my friends. Anybody got contacts with Libya and the location of the suitcase Nukes Gadaffi allegedly bought off of the Russians? Two of those would shut Oxford, Oxon up. And if we waited till the wind was right we could do Essex and Kent.

If the Navy would see things our way we could do Hampshire while we're on. Anybody got contacts in a Vanguard? Let us sort the M25 issue once and for all?

9. ........:roll:

10. Poor bugger, he takes a bit of interest in British military history, buys a collectable AFV, and pays road tax on it, and he's got everyone all of a tiz just in case it should bring down the property values of their former council houses.

Makes you want to go round in a Chally, pop a round in the breach and say "No, THIS is a tank! It goes BANG"

11. When is a tank, not a tank? - When it turns into a side street!
    daboom tish.

I thank you for the opportunity!

12. Production of 434's ended in 1971 I think so it's tax exempt. Wohooo! Does it only weigh 4tons?

That was the worse edited and written article ever in the Telegraph. Prob from a work exp over the wire service.

13. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I think the explanation is here...

Sounds like the outside of his property is littered with rusting vehicles, and the neighbours expect this recovery vehicle to end up the same way.

Now if he told them he'd brought the 'tank' to shift his other scrap vehicles....

Wordsmith

14. I bet nobody blocks him in.