When Her Majesty passes...

I would offer my services but she’s sh*t hot in wielding a sword

I'd offer to wield my pork sword for her majesty if she ever requires the services of a MILF slayer

The ownership of crown estates would transfer to the state not the Windsor family I would guess.
There’s a difference between crown land, crown estates and the two Duchies. Crown land is already owned by the state. The crown estate is owned by the state too; Buckingham Palace for example is owned by the state and provided for the use of the monarch. The two Duchies (Cornwall & Lancaster) are private property of the monarch.

They didn't get rich by working for it, historically they used their power to declare huge estates of land and property theirs. The Duchy of Cornwall for example .

I'm not even a republican by the way, I just think they should wind it down to suit modern times.
I think Charles will be doing that as there was reported tension between him and Andrew over titles for his daughters. Even if they do scale it back they’ll still be a legion of hangers on. Zara Philips and rugby Shrek are a good example of how modern royalty can be done.

This has been written about from time to time. This 2017 article has the gist of things...

However it’s best guest.

I'm all for keeping the Monarchy. Like everyone else in the UK, I was brought up under one and it's what I'm accustomed to. It does me no harm.

It generates income not cost. That being through tourism and business. (By the way we need another yacht).

It is the envy of the world, so I'm happy we piss all the other ******* off.

I swore my allegiance over 30 years ago and I still stand by it.

You do all realise it's the elected f***ers who are more likely to be dangerous, dishonest, expensive and shit up your backs and piss on your feet.

Troy

LE
However it’s best guest. [sic]
Of course. But it does help people to consider the situation in advance of the event. Also, some other major and significant event could crop up and completely disrupt the planning entirely. But let's call it a starting point.

Just a bit of sideways thinking here, the admin is going to be horrendous for the forces, every button and cap badge will have to be changed. ER royal insignia is on just about everything, what happens to that?
Come to think about it everything British and commonwealth will be impacted one way or another.

Just a bit of sideways thinking here, the admin is going to be horrendous for the forces, every button and cap badge will have to be changed. ER royal insignia is on just about everything, what happens to that?
Come to think about it everything British and commonwealth will be impacted one way or another.
Skip a few in the line of heir apparents until you come to the first E - is it Edward or Eugenie?

Skip a few in the line of heir apparents until you come to the first E - is it Edward or Eugenie?
I have a cunning plan

Charles may choose not to be crowned King Charles III. Although it is normal for monarchs to chose one of their Christian names as their regnal name, it’s not mandatory. Charles may choose not to be crowned King Charles III. Although it is normal for monarchs to chose one of their Christian names as their regnal name, it’s not mandatory.

He could save the country a fortune by choosing a Saxon make; how about Edgar II? No need to change any of those E II R badges.

The cunning plan fails as King Edgar II would wear a king’s crown....

I have a cunning plan

Charles may choose not to be crowned King Charles III. Although it is normal for monarchs to chose one of their Christian names as their regnal name, it’s not mandatory. Charles may choose not to be crowned King Charles III. Although it is normal for monarchs to chose one of their Christian names as their regnal name, it’s not mandatory.

He could save the country a fortune by choosing a Saxon make; how about Edgar II? No need to change any of those E II R badges.

Does he get to choose twice?

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
I have a cunning plan

Charles isn’t going to be ‘Charles III’. He’s already made that clear. He is more likely to be ‘George VII’. The precedents are there already. He will still be Charles within the family. His grandfather, George VI, was called Bertie within the family, but wasn’t crowned King Albert. His great uncle, Edward VIII, was David.

Perhaps he could choose something completely radical which would appeal to a certain demographic and would leave a daughter-in-law of his open mouthed and incandescent with rage. I mean how can you accuse King Jamal Snr or perhaps King DiAndre of being part of an institutionally racist plot against her...

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a cunning plan

On that basis we'll have a Queen Rosemary I to go with him!

Our Royal Family has blood ties with Belgium so how about Charles becomes King Leopold?

I like that name, has a certain ring to it.