When Her Majesty passes...

I for one will be bereft.

We all know it's going to happen, but Her Majesty has been the one constant, decent, reliable thing in our lives and the lives of our Nation.

She has been an astonishing figurehead for our Nation: the soft power she has wielded is IMO unparalleled.

She is the person we swore allegiance to: its her portrait on medals. I don't think our foreign friends realise the depth of love we have for our Queen.

Our lives without Her Majesty will feel very, very different. And not for the better.

Unfortunately when she does pass, hopefully many years after the OP, the malignant members of her armed forces will be looking forward to another tour-dodgers medal to add to their Jubilee collection - the Coronation Medal

and I thought that this was a thread about discreetly passing wind

Archie
That would be the old Queen Mum thread.

1617917045543.png

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
There is only room for one queen on Arrse.

I expect HM and @jarrod248 have been trying to kill each other for years

We all know it's going to happen, but Her Majesty has been the one constant, decent, reliable thing in our lives and the lives of our Nation.

She has been an astonishing figurehead for our Nation: the soft power she has wielded is IMO unparalleled.

Our lives without Her Majesty will feel very, very different. And not for the better.
An opportunity to abolish the monarchy.

She is the person we swore allegiance to: its her portrait on medals. I don't think our foreign friends realise the depth of love we have for our Queen.

Is that you Prince Andrew?

Obviously I'm not one of her subjects. That said, she's a classy dame who served in uniform and always admired her and Phil (Love to have some rum with him and hear sea stories of ww2).

When they pass on, an era will have gone by and we will never see their likes again.

Tyk

LE
An opportunity to abolish the monarchy.

It is, but what would you put in place? President Blair? President Nish Kumar? President Abbot?
As absurd as they sound it's the reality, just look over the pond if you've got any doubts.

As @Bravo_Bravo rightly said when she does reach the end of her time the loss to the country will be huge.
The monarchy in this country, while imperfect, has very well delineated powers, doesn't act as an executive (you can bet a President would insist on being more than a ceremonial figurehead), but does act as the ultimate independent arbiter.

The alternatives for the UK and the Commonwealth countries where she's also the head of state are far less attractive than the monarchy, while I doubt Charles will be a patch on his old mum he's still a better option than the alternatives.

Her Majesty never farts, she has servants for that
I've been reliably informed that once crowned as Monarch they have their fart gland surgically removed.

Latest Threads