When does the M5/M6 junction clear ?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by sc_obvious, Jan 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Off up North today for the first time in a while and was wondering if anyone knew what time the M5/M6 junction cleared on a Friday night ? Can't be arrsed sitting in traffic for 2 hours with screaming kids on board.

Cheers

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

after 19:00 hrs.

4. I've been stuck there at 11pm more than once.

Pay up and use the toll - best road in Britain

5. Cow

Cow LE

Take the toll road! May cost you a few quid if your traveling up the M6 but it'll save you a age. If your traveling M5... as B_AB said, leave it a while.

Edit: Check out the traffic cameras, give you an idea of what the traffics doing.

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

teeny tiny problem the M5/M6 interchange aint nowhere close to the Toll road!

7. Blimey - I drove up it two weeks ago to avoid the junction, come back to Germany and they've gone and moved it :roll:

8. Those camera's are an excellent idea - cheers Cow

9. Up North for the first time? Don't know what you've been missing you peasant!
    Oh, and use the toll road!

10. Depending on where traveling from, and to - information from the original poster I don't believe we have at the moment - then the M6 Toll road is a viable option.

Just don't fall into the trap that many do thinking it is a private road and UK limits don't apply - they do, and it is policed.

11. Good advice but lock up your hub caps and watch your wallet :)

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ok smart arrse I'll give you that! However I was working on the assumption that the OP is coming up the M5 since you can actually travel north from places other than the S.E of England. Under this circumstance its a bloody long diversion.

13. It's the SW. you numb nut :)

14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Put your glasse on, put your beer down and re-read :wink:

15. OOps, my bad. I will stop drinking, right now and go to bed. I would still watch my wallet though, it is grim oop north :)