When does robust training become bullying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might get involved if there is a murder or rape, but otherwise it no civilians are involved it will be the old favourite police saying 'not in our remit mate, down to the RMP.' Even a major investigation would be in conjunction with the SIB. If are are allegations of assault she could make a report to her local police who under National Crime Reporting Standards should report it and pass the allegations to the RMP as the investigating authorities.
Under the AF06 certain offences must be reported to the RMP by the OC. These include most assaults and all those in a training establishment.
The complaint must come from the person involved.
It‘s not easy being a victim of crime, so @Army mama , be aware it could be complex, lengthy, and you may not get the result you want. That is not to put you off if justice is sought (and gained).
I wish you both all the best.

D

Deleted 166591

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I enjoyed nothing more at prep school than giving the lower third a damn good thrashing each Monday evening before latins.
Once installed at my basic training unit the paltry efforts of the permanent staff were nothing in comparison. Suck it up and smile.
‘Latins’?

WTF is ‘Latins’?

Don’t listen to @stacker1 he very rarely knows what he is talking about. You are entitled to contact their Enquiries and Referrals Team who will be able to provide more information on the Service complaints process that your son can initiate.

More here

@Army mama
Please ignore my stalker he follows me around the site making himself look like a tool.

You cant use the service ombudsman to make a complaint unless your son is under 18.

The jurisdiction of the Ombudsman is limited to the functions outlined above. The Ombudsman can’t:

• Deal with enquiries or complaints that fall outside of the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction. This includes complaints from members of the public, MOD Civil Servants or family members of Service personnel.

D

Deleted 166591

@Army mama
Please ignore my stalker he follows me around the site making himself look like a tool.

You cant use the service ombudsman to make a complaint unless your son is under 18.

The jurisdiction of the Ombudsman is limited to the functions outlined above. The Ombudsman can’t:

• Deal with enquiries or complaints that fall outside of the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction. This includes complaints from members of the public, MOD Civil Servants or family members of Service personnel.

You asked what’s the Ombudsman got to do with her.

See here - Information about an issue affecting a loved one - Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces

She is entitled to call them who can advise her on the process.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
And so it continues.

I think the lads in the Army, not the RAF Regiment.

Apologies - I just sort of assumed that someone whinging about being shouted at by the nasty men and asking his mum to fight his battles for him must be one of our sideways walking brethren

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
If these accusations are true, there's really only one serious complaint, that of common assault against the recruits. As others have suggested, if you have to hit recruits or trainees, you've lost control of the situation and it's assault, plain and simple, for either RMP or CIVPOL to investigate.

As for the other 2 issues, now there's a conundrum. The Army likes to think they operate in a "fluid and dynamic" manner, but only because nobody can spell "clusterfukc central". That said, getting piss-wet through shortly before you need to do something important is something that may happen to you - frequently. Those recruits who figured out how to dry themselves, their gear and get into a reasonable state for an inspection will probably do better than those who just sat their sobbing into a wet beret. As for the "pig board", again, anyone who was dense enough to hand over an actual photograph of a loved one, and not substitute it for any likely target may not do well in the intellectual stakes. If you're not smart enough to outwit the DS at a training establishment from time to time, you're going to have a tough few years ahead of you.

The problem is, by reporting these 3 issues together, it gives an opportunity for those who willingly dismiss physical and sexual abuse to conflate actual "character building" exercises with serious breaches of conduct. Most civilians are probably more appalled by the drenching and the pig board, than the actual (alleged) criminal offence.

oldbaldy

LE
Enough advice for the OP to work with. locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads