when do you wear the new FAD khaki peak cap?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by captain259, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi can anyone tell me when you wear the new FAD kharki peak cap? Im been a bit of a mong lol!:salut:
  2. With your new FAD khaki suit??
  3. On remembrance day.
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Hopefully never!
  5. In barrack dress.

Everything else is the smarter one.

Or just make it up as you go along...
  6. NO!

The Service Dress hat is worn with Barrack Dress or when in Service Dress 'Undress', ie when no leather is worn. Or, indeed, in Combats, if you happen to be a SMIG!

In 'full' Service Dress, the No1 Dress hat is worn.

Stand fast the Parachute Regiment, the Irish Rangers (or whatever they're called these days), the Tank Regiment and any other lot that can't afford decent headwear.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. They're not available in Army surplus stores yet so you need not worry.

Once available you 'll wear it with your G10, Berghaus fleece and foot and a half yard stare in a Wetherspoons.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. wait what? theres a new peaked cap? I never received one with my FAD issue unless its certain cap badges only? is that to replace the No.1's peak that always gets mugged off? hopefully not as I've enough kit clogging up my cupboards as it is!
  9. Did you not receive it? They've done away with Regimental peaked caps of all colour and replaced them with a single khaki cap. You wear it with your capbadge though. Even the Para's and RMPz have to wear them! I suggest you tab in to the Q man and demand one Montag morning.
  10. So we have a smart peak for fad 'best' dress and a khaki peak for barrack dress, and if combats are to only be worn in theatre/exercise where helmets are worn, where is the lowly beret resigned to?
  11. Covvies for armoured types, at a guess.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

In short, you will wear it when appropriate in accordance with your Corps or Regimental dress regs or when the Badge tells you too. This can usually be found out through Part 1 orders and company detail!
    Good luck, at least its not called a cover yet!
  13. Oh dear.................how many fell for this then??
  14. Wear it when you go ratting.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. It is worn when living in rain lashed trenches whilst eating bully beef and being shot for lack of moral fibre.
    • Like Like x 1