When do you get sent to afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by derder, Apr 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok guys be gentle, I know this a totally pointless question but I'm just curious, be gentle with me lol :p

I was just wondering how long is it in between passing basic and being drafted to afghanistan (if need be)? I saw on the news that the mod is starting to send more british troops out instead of bringing them home. I know it probably depends on your trade and things but I was just wondering really. (I'm already preparing myself for the comments lol)

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Never been in the army have we?

3. no need to worry, it usually takes between 2 and 4 hours... 8O

i know, i know, i'm leaving...

4. Training?

5. Typically one gets sent to Afghanistan on the second tuesday following completion of your trade training. The route is bus to Paris, train to Bonn, lorry to Uzbekistan and then you walk from there to Afghanistan. Bring plenty of water and a couple of Elton John CD's to keep yourself entertained.

Hope this helps.

6. LOL I know it's a mong question and yes I deserve the comments but just wondering really......(I just re-read it, oh the shame!) :oops:

7. Actually, that's the way that people from Afghanistan get here, as opposed to the other way around. You missed out the "camp under trees near Calais while French police pretend they can't see you" bit.