When do we get paid?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by schoolstaffinstructor, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok simple question, anyone know?
  2. 1st working day of the month, regulars last working day of the month
  3. Normally late!
  4. What's pay?
  5. Pay! Mwwwwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!

Best thing is to think of TA pay as a special surprise. Check you bank on the 1st of the Month and SURPRISE!!!!!!!! you have been/not been paid. :D :D
  6. **** all for me this month got this from the sausage man today
    Due to circumstances beyond the control of** Sig Sqn, ** Sig Regt and 2 Sig
    Bde, the JPA pay system deadline for Jan was moved early again without
    informing units. This means that attendance in Jan will not be paid in Feb,
    but in March along with Feb attendance. Anyone who cannot pay their
    mortgage / loans or cannot put food on the table for tiny Tim and his wooden
    leg should contact PSAO in confidence and arrangements will be made.

This is obviously unacceptable incompetence by "JPA pay" YET AGAIN....I
    repeat that it is nothing to do with any admin staff in the ****** TAC, do
    not take it out on them, we can only hope that heads are being knocked
    firmly together further up the chain.

See you all on Friday 8th.

7. when they choose to
  8. That's pure class A bollocks that is, the dates are clearly there for everyone to see (with dii that is)
  9. And is the pay due at the end of the month or at the end of the following month, for work that month?

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Blue job just had a result by taking the MOD to court over late/none on the pay front. Details are in ArmyNet in the CGS briefing forum ISTR. Got all his money plus interest.
  11. Depends really, if you work say 10 days in Feb and you get it in before the cut-off date for feb and it's uploaded ok you'll get paid at the end of Feb (ie start of March).
    If you miss the cut-off you'll get it at the end of March (ie start of April)
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I took the TA to task for paying me a class 4 ptes Bounty instead of a class 1 NCOs rate. I withdrew my labour, the CO offered me a cheque and I told him thanks but I want my money not his. I skipped camp (sadly as I wanted to go back to germany) and did Brecon later when my pay was done properly. That was in 1988 and things dont change. The RSM had a fit when I showed him the poster we still had at the TAC, a Full time wage for a part time hobby. He demanded it be taken down. It stayed and in fact more of that ilk appeared. Typical TA takes the pish and gets away with it!
  13. Many thanks Mongoose - that would explain things, and I suspected ithat would be the case, on account of me *sometimes* getting paid at the end of the month for that month's work.

Basically then I should resign myself to the fact that I can expect expect pay 1 month after the end of the month, because I suspect our admin staff at our company HQ have neither the capacity or the will to get anything in on time.
  14. TA pay is totally unreliable, I don’t think I’ve ever been paid on the same day twice.
    Hence I don’t think of it as anything more than an addition to my beer fund :D
  15. It still amazes me how many threads arise on this subject. Its been done to death.
    How long have you been in SSI? Surely by now you should know. Or are you waiting for your first pay day? If thats the case it will be in your bank when it gets there. Hurry up and wait I think is the phrase.
    If you've got a problem pass it up the chain of command. Or sign up to ArmyNet and check your pay statement online. It will tell you on there.
    Why are TA folk still surprised by the abortion that is the pay system.

As Goku said, just treat it like a nice little bonus to your beer fund.