When did you serve?

When did you join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Awol

LE
This 'serving' lark is really not my thing to be honest, and I don't consider myself to be a 'veteran' either.

All a bit toutchy-feely, for my tastes.

I was 'in', and now I am an ex squaddie.
My old man is tremendously proud of his veteran’s badge (as well he should be). Apparently, and he’s not very precise about this due to the fact that he’s now about 170, but the bare bones are accurate.... he had to apply to the MOD, provide his service number, details of his service and OC (someone called Vespasian apparently) etc, etc.

Sitting in a cafe yesterday he pointed out that a nearby security guard also had a veteran’s badge and must therefore be a decent and trustworthy fellow. I was on my phone at the time, either texting a terribly loose woman or posting on Arrse, (both as immoral as the other*) and quietly mumbled half under my breath “Amazon Dad”. He spat out a mouthful of his tiny £3 latte (which was most of it) and said “WHAT???”.

Still only half listening I said “the internet Dad, anyone can buy them”. He was now spluttering and the coffee was history, so I left the slut/Arrse hanging, went onto the Amazon app and found a selection of Veterans badges, all under three quid and showed him the screen. His face went from bright red to white in seconds as he realised that some of the old fellows that he had nodded knowingly to in the streets may have been (spit) Walt’s and not possible fellow veterans of past wars.

I felt bad for a while, but his colour returned with gusto when he discovered, on the same Amazon page, that he could buy a VC for about twelve quid.

*Thinking long and hard about this I’ve decided that it must have been Arrse. I don’t know any loose women.

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
He should go fucķ himself then.

I heard* he's only here cruising for cock.

*I said it out loud to myself so I could claim that.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
img_20210613_115925-jpg.581026

Quod homo. Tertium gradum ante file: ante faciem tuam!
Don't you shout at me you big Roman beast!

Define served?

Army number, Glasgow record, attested?

Define served?

Army number, Glasgow record, attested?
I had a service number beginning with 3. Only to nose JPA, though.
I can’t remember it.
It is oddly similar to my current payroll number. Which I can’t remember either.
Still a number, all these years on...

Kirkz

LE
I had a service number beginning with 3. Only to nose JPA, though.
I can’t remember it.
It is oddly similar to my current payroll number. Which I can’t remember either.
Still a number, all these years on...
I am not a number.
I'm a slightly dodgy statistic.

Kirkz

LE
I think the OP was a 5 star General.

McDonald's Five star general burger flipper.
I think the OP is just a massive bell end.

Kirkz

LE
Which legion did you serve in? Did you go on ops in Germania, Gaul, Palestine or Britannia?
He was the first on stag at Hadrian's foundations.

Last edited:
@JWinner - did you ever serve in the RM or the HAC? You remind me of a pleasant fellow who I once knew.

Latest Threads