When did you realise you were old?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunami, Jul 5, 2009.

?
  1. When you started to listen to radio 4

13.5%
  2. When Coppers started to look like schoolkids

36.0%
  3. When you start saying "I remember in my day when......."?

30.6%
  4. When your todger stopped watching you shave on a morning?

19.8%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With me it was the other day when in my local watering hole, four young strumpets sat at the bar philosophising about the meaning of life. Their conversation inevitably wandered to the recent demise of an anaemic a merkin kiddy-fiddler, when one said "well yes, but he was knocking on a bit wasn't he?".

FFS he was 51, four years younger than me! I felt like slappin' the feckin munter.

2. The day I realised me life was over, was the morning I looked in me shaving mirror and saw me old dad looking out.

3. When sore knees became sore hips. Hips! FFS. Since when did blokes have hips?

4. When I couldn't read the posts on arrse - without my jam jar glasses

5. When my son asked what life was like when I was a little boy in the olden days!

P-T

6. When I got blown out by a bint in a club in Newcastle 14 years ago.

"I don't go out with old men"

I was 29. 8O

7. I know I'm getting old when its a real farkig chore to clear out all the grey pubic hair from the bung holes of me bath..... and then clear out another nest of grey pubes from the overflow hole.... Then chuck 'em down the Khazi...forget about it... when going back for a dump thinking that a ferkig great Spider has crept up the U-bend..... :oops:

What a releif to know its only me grey pubes after a 6 monthly scrape out of the bung holes.... :wink: :roll:

8. 8) I realised I was old when I had more hair in my ears than on my head, but what clinched it was hearing a David Whitfield song and knowing all the words :oops:

9. Happened to me when I fell out of a squaded run and nobody said anything. Do my own PT now.

10. I took the child into town today to get another Build a Bear thingy in Victoria Square. Lots of young girls handing out flyers for nightclub events/parties. Not one girl gave me a flyer or approached me.

11. When watching a documentary on the 'History Channel' - thinking I remember that.
    When my daughter says "this song is brilliant" - and as it's a re-mix, and she goes of in the huff as I know the words.

12. My Grandkids informed me that I was old..

grandson [age 7 ] was looking at a picture of me on the wall.. I'm all dark haired and thin and handsome and he says; ' Who's that Grampa?" " That's me" says I..
    " Gee, Grampa, you used to be a guy! "
    My Grandaughter [ age 5 ] was more direct. Introduced me to her friend.
    " This is my Grampa...he's old "

I knew the day was coming though... used to be I'd see young women on the street and make a move and get a smile or a wink...now they either break out laughing or run away screaming.

13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

when my dad was slagging off my younger sisters choice of other half for doing all the things I'd have done when I was younger, and agreeing with everything my dad said. :(

14. When the parents asked me to leave the ball pit and monkey bars as I was scaring the other children :(

15. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

When I went out clubbing one night and was thinking to myself could that skirt get any shorter and thinking that they must be f*cking freezing. That was me 13 years ago....lol