WHEN DID YOU KNOW...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by janedoe, Dec 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You where meant to be in the Army?

i think i knew ever since i was 16, that this was something i was going to do, if not this, play pro basketball, these where the main things that i was praying i get to do, so i had to put the army on hold while i finished uni, went to try out in the TA, but they didnt take me, wonder why, everything was good and all, but they said i couldnt join the TA, i didnt really wanna be in the TA, i wanted to be in the Regular Army, so i didnt bother asking for an explanation, anyways, finished uni this yr, but before i finished, i started inquiring about the regular Army got enough information and applied and that has been my story so far, by the way graduated in september from uni. did selection in october, and starting phase 1 in feb, i have never been happier in my life, knowing that, i have been the given the chance to do something that i would love to do, rather than seat at a desk and have people goin on and on and on and on, and on, on, on and on, trust me, they do, it is boring...:)

2. I was 10.
    My parents tried to put me off, spud bashing, polishing everything and all the old stories of bad this and that.
    I was told to join the cadets and see if I liked it.
    I stayed until I was 16 then joined as a Junior Leader.
    The army no longer needed me shortly after my 30th Birthday, they said they could handle it from there on without me and thanked me for ending the cold war. Two months later I was sent a letter saying that I was still in till I was 55 but would only be called up if they couldn't cope.

3. [​IMG]

...and a boring one at that. :roll:

4. when the judge said go in the army or its borstal for you

5. i cant help it if i'm bored...so bite me....

6. He will bite you in basic training