When Did This Great Country Start Going To Rat-sh1t?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Norfolknchance, Nov 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a thought really but has anyone any ideas or opinions on the subject "When did the country start going to rat-sh1t?"

Was it when Maggie got unceremoniously turfed out of Downing Street? The wxnker Bliar and his cronies getting into No 10 in 1997?
    The death of Churchill?
    The invasion or Iraq/Afghanistan?
    Cyclops taking up residence in Downing Street uninvited?
    Joining the EU?

Anyone got any strong views on this?

What about the lack of respect for law and order or the lack of education for our children? :?

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

52BC When the Italians took over.

3. 1997.

Next question, please.

4. Not up here they did'nt... :twisted:

5. It started to go downhill when Maggie was ousted by Major, the current idiot has just seemed to have hastened the problem.

The lack of respect for Law and Order I think corresponds quite easily with the lack of an effective deterrent from schools and police when dealing with petty crime i.e a clip round the ear.

Also the lack of people wanting to get involved as the right seems to be with the perpetrator rather than the victim(s) so where a street being ravaged by kids would have the neighbours doing something, now everyone is scared because they think they will end up being the ones prosecuted for being a peado, child beater.

The other problem is the blame culture, everyone else is to blame apart from yourself, nobody takes responsibility for their actions as the Government has become so intrusive in our lives it makes actually making a decision that doesn't involve H&S, Police or any of the other agencies or falling foul of the hundreds of new laws that have been introduced.

The biggest casualty of all has been common-sense, unfortunately without society will become a lot worse.

6. 4 May 1979

7. msr

msr LE

When they gave women the vote.

8. I didn't think Claudius invaded until 43AD.

Anyway, the country went to ratshit once the cold war was over and everyone from eastern Europe started flooding the country.

9. Yes. When we let that gang of porridge wogs run the economy and the country. Why the hell would you let people from a country that has to be funded by its near neighbours to the tune of billions of pounds run your economy?

WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

At the birth of ickle bebe jebus.

11. re-stilly: my personal views entirely. I thought it was just me!

I'd agree with the late 90's. Werewolf, care to elaborate?

The compensation culture has to take a lot of the blame. People get these fukking adverts in their face that if they've been injured, they can get loads of money for doing what? Yeh, squat. This then allows the chavs out there to think that they can get by by doing the square root of fukk-all for the rest of their pitiful lives and get paid to do it! Wxnkers all

The bonus system (not the pitiful Civil Service scheme) in the banking world. I mean, what the fukk do these tossers produce apart from more wealth for their already wealthy clients/corporations and themselves?

Clip round the ears - that'll be me then!

12. When we lost the empire.

UNtil then we had two jobs in this country - tofficers and soldiers.

Every other bit of wealth we made wass off the back of somebody elses sweating. Then what happens, we give them up and stop ritually beating people for putting the milk in the cup before the water, and we no longer command any respect any more. What hastened this more than anything? Tetleys and PG Tips. Bloody tea bags. Once our chai-wallahs saw that it was being made easier for them to make the golden drink, well we were on a downward spiral from that day.

I say we hunt down the CEOs of those companies and burn them in the street.

13. The Wah is strong with you, my young Padawan! :D

14. Nah, it was when that fella 'Arold got the 'arra in 'is mince. That was the start of it.

MsG