When did shit change so much?!?!?

I used top right and couldn't find it before. So, when did things change so much?

PC- Used to mean officer of the law. Now a computer or something to sue over (NB. Can still mean OB)

Uber- Used to mean fantastic, now means a cab

Hipster - A style of trouser, now a bearded cunt

Micro brewery - Something under the stairs that produced barely drinkable pish, now a label to add 4 quid to a bottle of crap

Scale - Applied to airfix models, now about how much and how quick a tech firm can rip punters off

Post- Something you put in a red box or received through your front door. Now writing bollocks on websites (see what I did there?)

Text - Something to be read. Now a form of sending wrongly formatted messages via a phone with big fingers

Tinder - Something to start a fire with. Now something that lets you meet slags and sets fire to your man bits (Apparently)

Blackberry and Apple- Part of your 5 a day (when did that fucking come in anyway?), now they are phones!

What terms grip your shit and why?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
None.

Possibly because I'm not an easily wound-up, reactionary, Daily Mail reading curmudgeon with blood pressure and/or erectile issues.

Appreciate that this adds nothing to the thread but hey ho. Lighten up Granddad.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I used top right and couldn't find it before. So, when did things change so much?

PC- Used to mean officer of the law. Now a computer or something to sue over (NB. Can still mean OB)

Uber- Used to mean fantastic, now means a cab

Hipster - A style of trouser, now a bearded ****

Micro brewery - Something under the stairs that produced barely drinkable pish, now a label to add 4 quid to a bottle of crap

Scale - Applied to airfix models, now about how much and how quick a tech firm can rip punters off

Post- Something you put in a red box or received through your front door. Now writing bollocks on websites (see what I did there?)

Text - Something to be read. Now a form of sending wrongly formatted messages via a phone with big fingers

Tinder - Something to start a fire with. Now something that lets you meet slags and sets fire to your man bits (Apparently)

Blackberry and Apple- Part of your 5 a day (when did that ******* come in anyway?), now they are phones!

Actually Hipsters were originally Jazz aficionados back in the 1940s and 1950s, then some sort of female apparel, and only recently referring to bearded twats.

When you catch up with those of us in the 21st century things get even more confusing

How can you lament the changing use of abbreviations and terminology when most of those quoted by Peli have been around since before you were born? You strange little man.
>Before I was born.

The Soviet Union was a thing when I was learning to read and write. PC is the only thing there that can apply there before I was born and for a good chunk of my early life. And that's just for the computer, not the current nonsense.

EDIT: Not that I'm denying I'm strange (I'm hanging around on this website after all) and I'm not six feet tall, so I might just be little. And I'm pretty certain I'm a man.

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember Gay young men ,!
in those days it meant happy
sick means good ??
A TV was a thing in the front room, now they are all over the internet confusing us
and a Vibrator was a petrol powerd device used to agitate concrete
and Nosh was food
now if I ask a young lady for Nosh I get the oddest looks

I remember Gay young men ,!
in those days it meant happy
sick means good ??
A TV was a thing in the front room, now they are all over the internet confusing us
and a Vibrator was a petrol powerd device used to agitate concrete
and Nosh was food
now if I ask a young lady for Nosh I get the oddest looks
especially if you are in an establishment full of sick gay men*

*or TV's, obviously.

L

lumpy2

Interesting comparison with George Orwell's "Newspeak" in that certain words can now be used to convey the exact opposite of their original meaning, hence if something is a bit "gay" it might also be a bit "sad"; and something "sick" can be good!

Anyway I'm disappointed as I thought this thread was going to be about white dogshit.

Interesting comparison with George Orwell's "Newspeak" in that certain words can now be used to convey the exact opposite of their original meaning, hence if something is a bit "gay" it might also be a bit "sad"; and something "sick" can be good!

Anyway I'm disappointed as I thought this thread was going to be about white dogshit.
upload_2015-11-1_20-37-25.png

Just for you

Actually Hipsters were originally Jazz aficionados back in the 1940s and 1950s, then some sort of female apparel, and only recently referring to bearded twats.
Hep stuff, coolio.

Anyone who talked like that was a twat as well, with or without beard.

The phrase " from the get go". What the actual fuck is the point of this statement? From the start is actually shorter and easier to say ffs.

Blue sky thinking and outside the box. FFS! Cunt phrases

And "reaching out to you because...." WANKERS!