When did Bliar go ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by lsquared, May 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard, live, at 120832A MAY , Gordon Brown say:

"When I WAS Chancellor of the Exchequer......".

From one plastic spiv to a growling meglomaniacal weirdo.

How does he speak so long without breathing ?

This man is going to be so well out of his depth we are going to head into serious trouble. We are in financial trouble already, but as PM, knowing the financial mess is largely his doing, he will go to any lengths to hide the facts. When he loses the next election, he will say words to the effect: 'Look how quickly the Tories have spoilt my efforts'.

We have a problem.
  2. I'd hazzard a tin-foil hat wild guess that he's been squirreling money away like a wife with a shitty husband for just this occasion. I predict that millions nay billions will magically appear and be invested into crucual services so that Mr Brown gains brownie points rapidly. He can't have sent ALL our billions to pay handouts to the rellies of immigrants who couldn't be arrsed to come to England to get them...I'll wager he's held some back so that he can play 'spend spend spend' and appear like he's the great 'I Am' when he takes over the top job. The world's gone mad so I just might be right!
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I think I am more in the Isquared camp of analysis on this one. The trouble is any money that does magically appear will be done so by hiding yet more debt away compounding the long term problem.
  4. Interesting 'sparkylass' and if my brain had not been fried by observing the political antics of the last ten years I might have thought of myself.

'in the cheap seats' has a valid point into the bargain.

However, the reason for this post is that the BBC Radio 4 (Home Service) has a young lady presenter who has just said:

"..... when Sarah Brown becomes Britain's FIRST LADY.......".

When did we become a republic? I said it would be over my dead-body. Am I dead ?
  5. in_the_cheapseats

Keep breathing , Isquared! :D

Face it - the country is too bloody interested in celebrity status and your BBC quote is another example of this. Bit sad they have stooped to that level though; it is more what I would expect from Hello.

I suppose we should be thankful. As this has already been called a coronation, we should be happy just with this level of hysteria and inaccuracy........ 8O
  6. Gordon Brown seen at happy eater..Talking Bollox[​IMG]
  7. in_the_cheapseats

Some first post!