when can you sue the army for medical Incompetents/neglect

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by jonah1163, Jan 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi peeps, I have 2 years left in the service and would like to know at what stage can you sue the army for medical Incompetents/neglect for injuries before 2005 that are on going at the moment .

2. You can sue whenever you want, it doesnt matter what is wrong with you as long as you can prove negligence from the relevant party.

It is a distinctly grey area, the incompetents who neglected your injury could have been listening to a total bell end who said they will be all right with a few aspirin.

Good luck, and your 2 years, 7 years ago scenario has no bearing on medical negligence.

3. but if i sue whilst i,am in will it goes against me tho ?, who,s the best people to talk to ? RBL ? when i leave i,ll be going for the war pension so if i sue will that affect the war pension side of it ?

4. Not quite true unfortunately. There is a 3 year statute of limitations on the claim (the claim must be started within three years of the alleged event that caused the injuries). There are exceptions to this rule that can be granted by a judge, but there has to be good reason why you have not taken action before (lack of mental capacity etc.). The best thing that you can do is contact one of the ex forces help folk - RBL or SSAFA Forces Help for example, who may be able to give you specific advice on your situation.

5. Try these. Very good, may take on your case on a no win no fee. And they certainly do more than the first half our free.

They did about 6k worth of work for me (I didn't pay a penny) then advised they couldn't take me on a no win no fee basis, I could continue at my own expense, but the MoD will plead combat immunity so it would be difficult for me to win.

MPH Solicitors Manchester | MOD, Personal & Clinical Negligence |