When Can I Wear My First Rank Slide

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by the_wolf, Oct 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok first off im TA so im not up to speed on everything.

Basically ive recently been promoted to lance jack and was handed my rank slide on friday there by the CO. However no one seems to have been told about it and when i mentioned it to the PSI he said that i cant wear it until its been published on part 1 orders, whereas the QM says hes talking bollocks and says i can wear it straight away.

Little clarification please

2. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's normally Pt 1 orders, but I'm sure someone else will have a different opinion

3. Ask your PSI :)

4. From your original post it appears the CO has already promoted you. So keep the rank slide on and be sure to note the day to ensure you are paid as a LCpl from that day.

Oh and congrates.

5. You can wear it from the date the CO presented it or the actual promotion date notified on Part 1 (whichever is the later). Either way you will be paid as a LCpl from the date of your promotion.

6. Cheers for the replys. Ive since spoken to 4 different people who have said he is indeed talking shite and i can wear it straight away.

Thatll do for me

7. There is no such rank as "Lance Jack" in the British Army.

Perhaps you were promoted to Lance Corporal?

Or "Full Screw"?

The good old F&CM, always a good source of military entertainment.

8. If your Commanding Officer has given you the rank slide, it's because he thinks you are now a LCpl. So wear it straightaway - with pride. You've earned it. If anyone else has a problem with that, you can either (a) refer them politely to the Commanding Officer, or (b) tell them to ram it (possibly not the latter if it's, say, the RSM). Good luck - and congratulations!

PS. It's the TA. So don't expect any meaningful passage of information about this sort of thing...

9. Is this not what the chain of command is for? Pass it up.