When can a soldier wear their uniform?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by thisismyusername, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering when is a soldier allowed to wear his uniform? Say if you were visiting your parents for a weekend or something, would you be allowed to wear your greens or are you only allowed to wear it on duty?

sorry if it seems a stupid question & i had no idea where to ask this

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Silly question season is here again

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Third Thursday in the month. As long as its not in November and a waxing moon that night.

4. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

church fetes and jumble sales

5. You are only allowed to wear uniform whilst in helmand. But to be allowed to wear it, you must be holding a 12ft wide sign saying 'mohammed blows goats for fun' and not be in proximity to another human being for 200 yards.

6. I see the customary feeding frenzy has started....

7. Depends. if you really are Sean Bean or even better, Sharpe himself, I may eat your arse deposits purely out of courtesy.

8. Is this a wah or a wind up?

9. I'm not falling for that wah by answering a really obvious question. FFS

10. As I recall, you're supposed to wear it all the time, wearing civvies is a privilege that may be taken away. Having said that, the privilege became an SoP due to the Irish unpleasantness.

Short answer, don't be a dick

11. Why not just ask if you can spend the weekend big timing it. I and probably many others have driven home in the stuff in an effort to save five minutes but once you're home it is off. Why the **** would anyone want to wear their work clothes in their down time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's for the chicks. Chicks dig KF's and Lightweights

13. The only chicks that digged kf's was the ****ing dermatology nurse!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I periodically shaved mine, softer than the GS. My favourite one ended up as thin as fuçk and tore - gutted

15. Yes, yes that's where to buy it, but when can you wear it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.