When can a soldier wear their uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering when is a soldier allowed to wear his uniform? Say if you were visiting your parents for a weekend or something, would you be allowed to wear your greens or are you only allowed to wear it on duty?

sorry if it seems a stupid question & i had no idea where to ask this

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Silly question season is here again

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
church fetes and jumble sales

You are only allowed to wear uniform whilst in helmand. But to be allowed to wear it, you must be holding a 12ft wide sign saying 'mohammed blows goats for fun' and not be in proximity to another human being for 200 yards.

I see the customary feeding frenzy has started....
Depends. if you really are Sean Bean or even better, Sharpe himself, I may eat your arse deposits purely out of courtesy.

I was just wondering when is a soldier allowed to wear his uniform? Say if you were visiting your parents for a weekend or something, would you be allowed to wear your greens or are you only allowed to wear it on duty?

Is this a wah or a wind up?

As I recall, you're supposed to wear it all the time, wearing civvies is a privilege that may be taken away. Having said that, the privilege became an SoP due to the Irish unpleasantness.

Short answer, don't be a dick

Why not just ask if you can spend the weekend big timing it. I and probably many others have driven home in the stuff in an effort to save five minutes but once you're home it is off. Why the **** would anyone want to wear their work clothes in their down time.

Why not just ask if you can spend the weekend big timing it. I and probably many others have driven home in the stuff in an effort to save five minutes but once you're home it is off. Why the **** would anyone want to wear their work clothes in their down time.
It's for the chicks. Chicks dig KF's and Lightweights

The only chicks that digged kf's was the ****ing dermatology nurse!
I periodically shaved mine, softer than the GS. My favourite one ended up as thin as fuçk and tore - gutted

Ask your mum, she loves combats AND hangs around barracks

yibble

Posted at 0013 on a Friday night? If that was a serious question you're waaaaaaay past your bed time... Or 10 pints in and heading for a kebab.

Status
Not open for further replies.