When benefits and food banks just ain’t enough

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Because whilst Motability is a registered charity, Motability Operations a public limited company owned by the five large UK clearing banks which operates the leasing scheme on behalf of Motability. That's where the money is and it is theirs. Except it isn't: it is ours yet they refuse to explain how their pricing can powhy such a company needs £2.8Bn cash on board.

It grew in wholly uncontrolled fashion from being an entirely laudible and valuable provider of mobiliy to the disabled to the largest single motor fleet in Europe (600,000+ cars) and the largest supplier of used cars to the motor trade in the UK.

Coupled with significant tax breaks, and a near absence of actual commercial risk, that made it a staggering profitable yet wholly government funded monopoly.

The Financial Conduct Authority has stated that there is no reason that such retained cash leveks should be is now the National Audit Office is all over it.
So it’s the banks that have the money?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
£200 of Tampax per month? At Tesco prices that's 2105 tampons in 31 days. 67 tampons per day, every day?

Er, no. Not even with constant flooding 24/7 for 31 days which would put her in hospital and unable to conduct any sort of 'normal' life.

FYI and for the purposes of this thread, Tesco (for example) charge £1.90 for a box of 20 Tampax from regular to super plus absorbancy. One or two boxes is plenty for most women, even with some uterine treachery.
His wife's been hiding her amphetamine habit and you've spoilt it !i:eek:

The homeless are taking the piss round my way.

They got better stuff than I have.

View attachment 339311
I tripped over all that crap near to Milton Keynes railway station on the way to a recent PIP assessment managed by the Independent Assessment Service (IAS), (Independent my ARRSE it's still ATOS under a different name). As IAS said there was now't wrong with my leg, I made a point of kicking all that crap over and out of the way on leaving the IAS Assessment Centre. If I had gone there with Chronic fatigued symptoms I could have had a lie down prior to going in. Warning if you go to the IAS Centre in Milton Keynes with a leg injury either crawl, go in a wheel chair or get a taxi because if you walk in you are screwed!!!

I tripped over all that crap near to Milton Keynes railway station on the way to a recent PIP assessment managed by the Independent Assessment Service (IAS), (Independent my ARRSE it's still ATOS under a different name). As IAS said there was now't wrong with my leg, I made a point of kicking all that crap over and out of the way on leaving the IAS Assessment Centre. If I had gone there with Chronic fatigued symptoms I could have had a lie down prior to going in. Warning if you go to the IAS Centre in Milton Keynes with a leg injury either crawl, go in a wheel chair or get a taxi because if you walk in you are screwed!!!
Not just MK its all of them

So it’s the banks that have the money?
Well, that is a very good question. What exactly does a wholly owned subsiduary of five banks actually do with that?

It's not under their mattress, that you can be sure of.

And the relationship between the registered charity and the separately owned leasing company that operates the leasing scheme on its behalf seems very much the wrong way round.

Charity Commissioners say it is nothing to do with them how the company operates: they are only interested in the charity itself.

The FCA regulate that are they are not impressed.

Nor is the NAO.

Nor is anybody really:

Motability: 8 Feb 2018: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou

Many believe they have been taking the piss for a very long time on pricing and are making superprofits on the back of their size, unholy relationship with the motor industry, the VAT exemption they benefit from, risk free nature of their income stream, dopey nature of the DWP and Charity Commissioners not wanting to know.

It is very possibly the next big Government fiscal clusterfcuk.

I’m just back from South Africa... if anyone wants a comparison of poverty, go somewhere like that.
Come to the USA mate.

It is widely rampant, ignored, shoved in the cupboard, under the carpet and could not possibly exist in the leading country on the planet.

The whole thing with the US stepping out of the UNHCR is a case of the big boy taking his toys home. The reason being a report was recently presented to the UN on the existence of poverty in the US..........and Trump won't acknowledge it.

At assesment centre's its 'pure luck' that the distance from the front door/reception desk to the room where you will be interviewed is greater than the minimum distance they can turn you down on 'ability to walk grounds'

For people unaware of assesment centres there is some very interesting reading online about the 'tricks' the assesment centres genuinely use to help them reject claims.

At assesment centre's its 'pure luck' that the distance from the front door/reception desk to the room where you will be interviewed is greater than the minimum distance they can turn you down on 'ability to walk grounds'

For people unaware of assesment centres there is some very interesting reading online about the 'tricks' the assesment centres genuinely use to help them reject claims.
I was granted PIP but not what I thought my problems were!!!! Funny old world.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, that is a very good question. What exactly does a wholly owned subsiduary of five banks actually do with that?

It's not under their mattress, that you can be sure of.

And the relationship between the registered charity and the separately owned leasing company that operates the leasing scheme on its behalf seems very much the wrong way round.

Charity Commissioners say it is nothing to do with them how the company operates: they are only interested in the charity itself.

The FCA regulate that are they are not impressed.

Nor is the NAO.

Nor is anybody really:

Motability: 8 Feb 2018: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou

Many believe they have been taking the piss for a very long time on pricing and are making superprofits on the back of their size, unholy relationship with the motor industry, the VAT exemption they benefit from, risk free nature of their income stream, dopey nature of the DWP and Charity Commissioners not wanting to know.

It is very possibly the next big Government fiscal clusterfcuk.
Well at least administration or going bust isn’t on the cards.
With Atos and pip doing their level best to do away with their core market, it looks as if they may need the rainy day money sooner rather than later.

I still don’t get why the clearing banks have the money.

Well at least administration or going bust isn’t on the cards.
With Atos and pip doing their level best to do away with their core market, it looks as if they may need the rainy day money sooner rather than later.
I still don’t get why the clearing banks have the money.
They also have offices that need £26m spent on them! Seems the Daily Mail were on the case.They have several items about them.

The Motability scheme providing cars for the disabled has lavished £26million on refurbishing its offices, it emerged yesterday.Bosses sanctioned the installation of chrome fittings, art displays and stone vases at the taxpayer-funded company.
Motability splurged £26million on office spruce up | Daily Mail Online

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
They also have offices that need £26m spent on them! Seems the Daily Mail were on the case.They have several items about them.

The Motability scheme providing cars for the disabled has lavished £26million on refurbishing its offices, it emerged yesterday.Bosses sanctioned the installation of chrome fittings, art displays and stone vases at the taxpayer-funded company.
You lost me at the Mail.
That’s the only fun we get these days. Go shopping, park in the disabled bay. The dame gets out, bounces all round the car, unloads bags, swings off the tailgate. You can almost hear the gnashing of teeth.

She goes down to get a shopping trolley, by this stage ‘disgusted of cherryvalley’ are on their way across to give her a piece of their mind.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Great idea. If they did it to piss the mail and the express readers off They’ve my full support. Miserable bastards the lot of them .

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
You lost me at the Mail.
That’s the only fun we get these days. Go shopping, park in the disabled bay. The dame gets out, bounces all round the car, unloads bags, swings off the tailgate. You can almost hear the gnashing of teeth.

She goes down to get a shopping trolley, by this stage ‘disgusted of cherryvalley’ are on their way across to give her a piece of their mind.
Some years ago at 'Morrisons' I saw a woman reprimand a young teenage fellow for parking in a 'disabled' parking space. He got down and did ten press-ups, then went running in to get his shopping.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Some years ago at 'Morrisons' I saw a woman reprimand a young teenage fellow for parking in a 'disabled' parking space. He got down and did ten press-ups, then went running in to get his shopping.

Now he was lucky, there are places he would have got a boot in the head on the way back up.

Edit. One parked up behind us in a pedestrian zone, one of those sporty fords, blue card on the dash and he sprinted through two lanes of traffic to the far side of the road.
Unfortunately for him, there were two policemen waiting for him when he jogged back to the car.

Stop all cash benefits and give the idle sods vouchers for Lidl and Aldi , any one found selling them to lose the hand out for six months minimum ,,, or am I being too soft hearted ?