Wheelchair Marathon

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by WheelsPhotographer, Feb 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello lads and lasses, i hope you dont mind me posting this on here, I am a electric wheelchair bound fella due to a motorbike crash and a subsequent stroke both in the last 4 years, On April 11th this year I am doing a marathon in aid of BLESMA ( I know I'm gonna be sat down) but I get tired so quickly since my stroke. I met a 91 year old ww2 veteran who lost both legs in Belgium aged 19 at my aunts funeral in January this year. I was having trouble with my wheelchair and this superb old chap gave me an electric wheelchair he had only used twice.

I met up with Eric again last week and found out he is an author of a few books on his remarkable story from joining up to the journey he has had to get to this grand age, his books proceeds all go to The British Limbless Ex Service Mens Association, I was trying to think of a way I could thank him and repay his enormous generosity, so I am doing 26.2 miles and hoping to raise £1000 to donate to BLESMA. If you superb folk n here cab let others know about this event and if they can either donate or offer assistance then it would be fantastic. The donations page and details are on Julian Sorfleet is fundraising for British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association (Blesma)

Thank you so much.

Julian (AKA Wheels)

Wheels Photo Gallery