Whats your name son...? Errmm....

Signallers

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Theres some pretty embarrassing names out there, whats the strangest, funniest, longest names you have heard through the forces?

Some of the funniest ive heard;

Driver
Wellard
Major
Sergant
Gay
Moonie
Tampon
Slaughter

Just a few i remember!

Theres some pretty embarrassing names out there, whats the strangest, funniest, longest names you have heard through the forces?

Some of the funniest ive heard;

Driver
Wellard
Major
Sergant
Gay
Moonie
Tampon
Slaughter

Just a few i remember!
Lookee here!

Signallers

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Haha classic ive seen that one before!

My great Granddad on the German side served in the trenches with a corporal named Adolph Hitler! How he used to laugh at the antics his later name-sake got up to. Shame they never kept in touch but Grandad Levy Blowstein was a bit funny like that.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't tell him Pike!

That's what I get for not pushing the post button before doing something else! To quote another BBC comedy sitcom "Bugger!".

Some great western first names in Hong Kong.

I deal with an office where the receptionist is called 'Rainbow'.

There's a doctor at the local hospital called 'Valiant'

A girl in the local McDonalds called 'Pooh'

I used two differnet movers, one who was called Lemon Leung and the other called Green Leung.

A guy who owns a bike chop called Bus Chan

Knew a Maj D Scales once, he was a dentist - would have been better if he was an hygienist I guess but his name used to make me smile

At the Gunnery School Lulworth in the nineties when Blackadder Goes Forth was at its hieght there was Capt Darling RTR, poor bastard had a dogs life, daren't pick up the phone.