Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What's your favourite Christmas movie?

Any decent war film.

Anything with Chevy Chase.

Any Bond film.

Girls In Custard

Anything bit soaps - miserable soaps really spoil the mood.

Custard Girl?

I am slightly worried about doing a Google search..... Should I be? I was thinking of wholesome entertainment.

Also add to my list any film with Rik Mayall (RIP) and/or Ade Edmonson.

Whoops Apocalypse and Spies Like Us would be ideal, perhaps with The Hunt For The Red October in between, followed ?????

Downfall? What could be more real to the spirit of Christian charity and goodwill than watching lots of Nazis kill themselves? The film might be hard to watch, but the end of the war and death of so many Nazis is a happy ending.

Most Christmas films are the film equivalent of eating golden syrup by the spoonful and therefore evil - on the other hand we are currently watching The Box of Delights all the way through, and preparing to watch Hogfather afterwards.

My starter for ten

In Bruges
Never seen the finished product. Indoor scene filmed in Southwark Street, London, SE1, slap bang next to the London Bridge to Brighton rail line viaduct, in the tiny top flat of one of the producers hard up friends. Windows concealed by props to avoid eye contact with commuters in passing trains.
Only Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson in the scene, with a handgun prop, which was the only reason why the location manager informed me.

Did it end on the cutting room floor?

Never seen the finished product. Indoor scene filmed in Southwark Street, London, SE1, slap bang next to the London Bridge to Brighton rail line viaduct, in the tiny top flat of one of the producers hard up friends. Windows concealed by props to avoid eye contact with commuters in passing trains.
Only Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson in the scene, with a handgun prop, which was the only reason why the location manager informed me.

Did it end on the cutting room floor?

It was a reasonably good film in spite of Colin Farrell. He really is a shockingly bad actor. Probably the poorest I can think of.

Drive Angry. (2011) Yeah, I know it's a Nicholas Cage movie, but who wouldn't like to see a condemned soul who escaped from Hell pursuing the bad guys who killed his daughter and kidnapped his granddaughter? :?
Sweet rides from the General and Mo Par Action.

Nicholas Cage.jpg

It was a reasonably good film in spite of Colin Farrell. He really is a shockingly bad actor. Probably the poorest I can think of.
He is , without doubt, the only actor to portray Alexander the Great as an Irishman from the posh end of Dublin who insists on talking as if he were from Finglas.
Yep, agree with you.