Whats Your Demographic?

" They" are always out to categorize people by ' personality ' etc.. Horoscopes, the most obvious, but Chinese " Year of the.." supposedy imparts characteristics and other similar pigeon-holing goes on.. Well.. It seems you can be ' identified' by where you fit in gnerationally:
So.. where do you stack up?

Generation Baby Boom: [ born prior to 1953 ]
- traits: Generally workaholics. enjoy material comforts, are reactive and don't like to be told what to do, want acknowledgement for their efforts, are results-oriented and have the attitude that age is no barrier..

Generation Jones [ as in 'Keeping Up with '...- born between 1954 -65 ]
- They mix idealism with cynicism, are very self-reliant, have a strong focus on finances and employment security.

Generation X: [ 1966 -77 ]
- brutally honest, self-reliant, tend to work alone, value freedom and flexibility in the workplace, dislike restrictions or control, question rules.

Generation Y [ 1978 -87 ]
- like working in groups, demand respect first and try to prove themselves later, passion for up-to-date technology, me-first attitude, ignores politics or authority as irrelevant to ' personal growth '. They tend to have more money and are ' persuadeable ' [ will buy what marketers flog as ' important ' ] not as fixed in their preferences as older people..

I imagine I'm a fossil on this board as I was one of the early Boomers [ 1949 ]...scary that I fit so well into the ' construct ' outlined for that group...

Rocketeer said:
- brutally honest, self-reliant, tend to work alone, value freedom and flexibility in the workplace, dislike restrictions or control, question rules.
Ditto & seems appropriate that only this morning I was told I should volunteer for a course on 'tact & diplomacy'.

lancslad

I can see a vague smattering of me there!!

I have never seen myself as a Generation Xer before...

Generation Y [ 1978 -87 ]
- like working in groups, demand respect first and try to prove themselves later, passion for up-to-date technology, me-first attitude, ignores politics or authority as irrelevant to ' personal growth '. They tend to have more money and are ' persuadeable ' [ will buy what marketers flog as ' important ' ] not as fixed in their preferences as older people..
Sounds to me like we're a load of arrogant dickheeds. With no common sense, but at least we're flexible.

Rocketeer said:
"]

Ohh yes

Where'd you find that Rocket?
" Generation Baby Boom" is usually recognised as covering approx 1946 to 1966.
Since it began after soldiers returned from WW2, your example is only alloting it 7 or 8 years.

a "generation" usually covers 20 years, it's mostly only the more recent ones , X, Y etc that are claiming less coverage. (maybe that fits their demographic)

Generation X, yup thats me. Thankfully though, I have now almost got the hang of tact and diplomacy. Somedays I can go 2 to 3 hours without upsetting someone.

Generation Jones [ as in 'Keeping Up with '...- born between 1954 -65 ]
- They mix idealism with cynicism, are very self-reliant, have a strong focus on finances and employment security.

Yep can see me in there somwhere

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Intelligence Cell 11
E Jobs (Discussion) 7
Masterchef The Intelligence Cell 22