What's wrong with our Democracy

No MP is elected by a majority of their constituents, ie. 50% +1. The majority of people who vote, vote not for the candidate who gets elected.
Only one comes close.

Arrse's favourite MP Diane Abbot, with 49.69% of eligible voters in her constituency. Turnout was 66.2%

Or 75.1% of Turnout and a majority 35,139

The majority of constituents do not vote.
Quite patently not true in Hackney North & Stoke Newington with it's 66.2% turnout. And probably not true of a good few other constituencies too.

Perhaps we should only allow MPs from those constituencies that turn out 50% +1 of the registered electors to enter parliament or form governments? If the buggers don't make the effort to take part, then sod 'em. Could cut the wages and expenses bill if the HoC had only 100 or so members!

Source: Rt Hon Diane Abbott MP

Last edited:
Only one comes close.

Arrse's favourite MP Diane Abbot, with 49.69% of eligible voters in her constituency. Turnout was 66.2%

Or 75.1% of Turnout and a majority

Quite patently not true in Hackney North & Stoke Newington with it's 66.2% turnout. And probably not true of a good few other constituencies too.

Perhaps we should only allow MPs from those constituencies that turn out 50% +1 of the registered electors to enter parliament or form governments? If the buggers don't make the effort to take part, then sod 'em. Could cut the wages and expenses bill if the HoC had only 100 or so members!

To be honest, I'd forgotten I'd created this thread and I've certainly forgotten any content I've posted.

While I'm still vaguely interested in democracy, I now lack the ability to construct or defend arguments; I simply cannot think in sufficient depth about anything. I'm only able to respond to certain points when triggered.

I hope I've made a reasoned, coherent argument about whatever my point was, even if there are some factual inaccuracies.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Only one comes close.

Or 75.1% of Turnout and a majority 35,139

Wait a moment, you've given as your source the Rt. Hon. Diane Abbott.
Have you noticed her numeracy abilities ?

Now, now Cuts. Stop winding up the white folks. You know this one has form for wigging out and going all weepy when you bloody Zulus pick on him.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Now, now Cuts. Stop winding up the white folks. You know this one has form for wigging out and going all weepy when you bloody Zulus pick on him.
As you know there's no way I'm the ouen he identified as "Sebastian," similarly I have no idea where this Sebastian, if indeed he exists, comes from.

That said, as far as I know I've had no acrimonious dealings with the gentleman that were started from my side, although he does seem a little perturbed and reactionary when anybody asks him a question

Reference the Abbot, if she'd have researched her origins, (and that'd never be at personal cost,) she'd probably claim I'm being "tribalist."

But I swear, if that creature ever tries to claim amaZulu ancestry I will eat her myself.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ngadla!

You're still taking a chance with the assegai though. Maybe something a bit longer to avoid getting caught in the gravity well. I'm thinking assegai tied to a barge pole with a bit of string.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ngadla!

You're still taking a chance with the assegai though. Maybe something a bit longer to avoid getting caught in the gravity well. I'm thinking assegai tied to a barge pole with a bit of string.
I was hoping to get some SJWs to do it.

But I swear, if that creature ever tries to claim amaZulu ancestry I will eat her myself.
Nobody has ever been that hungry, though I imagine you could store her in a walk-in freezer. Worked for the beef mountain.

We have devolved parliaments in Scotland, Wales, London, and Ulster. Lets have devolved governments in England.
I say the regions should be North West, North East, Yorkshire, East Midlands, West Midlands, London, South West, South East and Cornwall. Although Cornwall should be independent of England, as it is a Celtic nation.
That way new ideas could be tried out in each region. Also Yorkshire should independent too.

We have devolved parliaments in Scotland, Wales, London, and Ulster. Lets have devolved governments in England.
I say the regions should be North West, North East, Yorkshire, East Midlands, West Midlands, London, South West, South East and Cornwall. Although Cornwall should be independent of England, as it is a Celtic nation.
That way new ideas could be tried out in each region. Also Yorkshire should independent too.
Are you 12?

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
I have carefully considered your points, weighed them with due care and attention and have thus carefully crafted a response worthy of your post on this thread and the British Empire thread. Response reads thus:-

"**** off"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Would you like to sit on my lap while we tell each other stories of oiled up Roman gladiators ?

Last edited:

Latest Threads