What's wrong with my fags?

I noticed that my usual brand of cigarettes were going out mid way through my smoke over the last few weeks, so i e-mailed the manufactures to find out what was going on.

It turned out that new E.U rules have intervened as a whole regarding all fag brands under new E.U fire rules!

**Extract of e-mail reply**

Dear Sir

All cigarette manufacturers (including Imperial Tobacco UK ) have had to modify their cigarette paper as part of an EU wide fire safety initiative.

This may mean that in rare circumstances, a cigarette may extinguish during the normal smoking process. You can be sure that all our cigarettes remain the same great quality and taste you have come to expect from our brands.

Hope this information helps.

Regards

Miss V Foster
Consumer Services
PO Box 83
Nottingham
NG7 5PR
.................................................................................

Fuck me! I never saw that new rule coming, or should i say, imposed on us!

well you're a hideous stinky cancer ridden bag of tar who deserves all you get...it's God blowing your fag out to punish you for being smelly!! :thumright:

Just thought i'd get that bit over and done!!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Yes i've noticed this, tin hat people think it's so people drag on them more and get more addicted. Pain in the backside and they taste different.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's not just the paper, but the reduction in additives and formaldahyde and acetone aswell, chemicals that were add to make the cigarette light more easy and prevent it going out. Actually a cunning ruse by cigarette manufacturers to get you to smoke/waste more cigarettes.

If you bought a packet of additive free cigarettes, such as Natural American Spirit (or even rollies for that matter), you would find that they have a propensity to go out aswell if you don't keep drawing on them regularly and often

It's not just the paper, but the reduction in additives and formaldahyde and acetone aswell, chemicals that were add to make the cigarette light more easy and prevent it going out. Actually a cunning ruse by cigarette manufacturers to get you to smoke/waste more cigarettes.

If you bought a packet of additive free cigarettes, such as Natural American Spirit (or even rollies for that matter), you would find that they have a propensity to go out aswell if you don't keep drawing on them regularly and often

If you look at a cigarette paper whether roll-up or t'other you'll see very fine blue lines which is the salt-petre to help make them burn..

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes i've noticed this, tin hat people think it's so people drag on them more and get more addicted. Pain in the backside and they taste different.
WAH?
Considering the thread title and the poster quoted,is this reply a wah? 'drag' 'pain in the backside' 'taste different' ?

Or am I just reading too much into the post? :)

WAH?
Considering the thread title and the poster quoted,is this reply a wah? 'drag' 'pain in the backside' 'taste different' ?

Or am I just reading too much into the post? :)
No, Auld-yin, don't WAH it! This is a bona fide news topic within the smoking community!

The E.U godfather has now cunningly engineering our fags to go out midway though your smoke in the hope you just toss it away and light another one up! ....... Cant you see the bigger picture .... ££££ in more profit?

BTW, E.U godfather does not like incandescent light bulbs ..... so he banned their manufactor in favour of his preferred florescent brand!

Just wait until he tampers with your whisky! :)

Latest Threads