Whats wrong with hotmail?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bits, Sep 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know why I can't get on hotmail today?

I can ping www.hotmail.com, but can't get to it using IE. I suspect a redirect to www.hotmail.co.uk domain, but I can't ping that, and it hasn't been working all day.

Anyone else struggling to get on?
  2. Yep , no e-mails for me on (secure comms) Hotmail .
  3. My work e-mail is down, so I contacted alot of people and told them to use my hotmail, now that bugger is fcuked. No e-mail no work, and fcuk using the fax, that is soooo 90's :lol:
  4. Hotmail has been fine for me all day...
  5. hotmail not working for me today either...

Hotmail is a piece of shit anyway - I use gmail now... virtually infinite storage, faster access, cleverer anti-spam, ingenius folder organisation...

pm if you want an invite...

6. Opened ok, but going slow as anything. It's taken 10 minutes (up to now) to sign out
  7. Just as I am about to give up trying, I've just got in.
  8. Anyone want an invite to Gmail just PM me, its the b llocks as Tricam has already said, you can tranfer all your addresses in a simple process and you can use the address for MSN messenger. I was skeptical but I can't find one thing wrong with it.

9. Ditto from me anyone wanting to use Gmail PM......

It can hold 6759+ emails before bouncing mails, tried and tested not by choice, LOL!!! Absolutely fantastic give it ago!!!
  10. I would agree that gmail is the dogs bollox.......
    If you need web based email. I personally prefer Outlook though.

Oh & don't forget you can have a FREE boycott-the-sun email address (now with webmail).

11. no problems for me
  12. It's fine for me today but last wee I couldn't get into my emails

13. Excuse me being thick - what is gmail?
  14. Its google's own free email service.

It gives you an inbox size of 1Gb as opposed to Hotmail's tiddly little inbox!