What's wrong with 24 commando?

To cut a long story short. I had an interview with a Royal Marines officer and I mentioned, ideally, I would like to end up in 24 commando RE. He then kind of sighed, and almost rolled his eyes. He then remembered it was an interview and corrected himself, saying something like "yes, sorry, 24 commando have some of the finest soldiers in the British Army"... Is there a stigma between bootnecks and sappers or does he just dislike them??

Likely he was pointing out that if you want to join an army unit, go speak to Army recruiters.

It would be like going to an RAF interview and saying "I want to start on nimrods sub hunting but eventually I'd like to be the captain of a submarine"

Well, the interview wasn't anything to do with recruitment. Hard to explain without going in depth. But basically he had no choice in interviewing me.

I think the eye roll was probably his way of saying "Oh FFS another one. Look if you want to be a soldier then why are you talking to me?"

Alright, go in depth. Right I'm doing the junior leaders course with cadets (yeah I know, gay). Part of the selection process is an interview with a serving officer. So he wanted to hear what I had to say. It came to the part about what do you want to use this course for and career aspirations, this is when he did the above...

Alright, go in depth. Right I'm doing the junior leaders course with cadets (yeah I know, gay). Part of the selection process is an interview with a serving officer. So he wanted to hear what I had to say. It came to the part about what do you want to use this course for and career aspirations, this is when he did the above...
You've failed the course.

The correct answer would be "to wear floral frocks or partake naked roll mat fighting, I'm not too fussy"

Latest Threads